I Level Up In Physcology ~ Ch11

Ava:
When will the suffering end? Probably when I stop running.
I wasn't sure how long it had been since I started running. Though I wasn't afraid to look back at my "police infested" beach house, I kinda didn't want to take my eyes off of what was ahead. The wet sand put more pressure on my legs. As if I was wading through the ocean, using all of my strength to move.

When I felt the burn on my legs start, the first thought that came to my head was, "Where are my people? They're the ones who usually do the running for me." And it only dawned on me just now, that I had to start taking care of myself. Which was something that I have never done.

My legs tighten with every step I take, trying to get me to stop with this constant running. It seemed as though I could only take a large intake of air every three minutes. And my head felt wet! I was sweating! Sweating! If it weren't for my burning, fiery, cold throat, I would have groaned. I stumble as I land on sturdy cement.

"Why is my father...a god...I'd prefer an...actor," I pant. My heartbeat traveled to my ears, the white noise seemed to scream louder than the people outside. I stop myself from running, because if I didn't then I'd never stop. No matter how much pain it put me through.
Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration. I wasn't made for running, I was made for parties and alcohol.

I feel my legs shake from pressure and fright. The police sirens played behind me in the distance. My parents were called overseas to examine a special experiment. Everyone seemed to decide that the ocean was the safest spot to be incase the project spilled. If it were to hit the gutters, then we'd be screwed. If it touched the waters, then bye bye fish. I hadn't fully agreed to the nature killing thing, but if it got us money. Then I would have agreed to anything.

I turn my head towards the rushing waters that move angrily with the wind that played in the air. "Don't drink the disease infested tap water! Don't play with the dog, it may have ticks!" Their voices played in my mind. Having scientists for parents doesn't make life easy, but living without them didn't make it any easier. The sad emotion that filled my empty chest slowly disappeared.

Poseidon is the Greek god of oceans and water right? I sigh slowly and turn back to the city. I'll make a note of that.
I trudge the sidewalk, making sure that nobody saw or took too much notice of me. If they did then they'd probably call the police or something. I warily scan the tall buildings, there had to be a diner or something somewhere.

"Need a map?! Need a map?! Hey-Oh! Hey-Oh! Get 'em right here!" Hollers a man from the other street. I turn my head and view a news stand. It seemed pretty old, rusty and woody on the outside, being held together by a few nails. A shifty looking guy sat on the inside, holding up newspapers and magazines, a small television set sat on a single shelf.

I grin and stuff my hand in my pocket, I could really use a map right now. Smart runaways usually head to the smaller states. My hand sticks out of a hole instead. "Aw, what the hell?!" I grumble, wiggling my fingers through the broken patch. This is what I get for buying vintage at a vintage store. My money must have fallen out along the way. The shifty man waves his paper in the air, looking around and fixing his cap.

His t.v. plays an old episode of Cheers, no doubt about Sam and Diane's relationship again. But then the show suddenly stops, and instead a woman appears on the screen. Her hair was so shiny, it was like it would never move under all that product. The shifty man abruptly turns towards the screen and watches.

"Reports have been broadcasted by the police, who were enforced to infiltrate the remaining homes of the local scientists sent on the Project 134243 overseas..." I gulp and look around, hoping that no one would take notice, but all around me people watched with concern and surprise. I shakily grab onto the trash can nearby as the woman continues.