Ansel and Ellie ~ Ch15

(I, sadly, got excited when they both said basil. I'm in too deep^)

Alex:
Does golden goop wash out easily? Sitting in that old taxi cab and trying to pick it out, all while three old blind ladies drive around like maniacs, was pretty hard. In my opinion, I would have preferred any other type of ride but nooo, Basil preferred monster hitchhiking.

Under normal circumstances (and especially in front of two chicks and three zombies) I would have kept my fear inside instead of screaming like a little girl. But can you blame me? Ava fell out of it! And I know she'd smack me if I said this out loud, but she's really heavy. I think I tore my ankle open even more just trying to pull her in.

Though, her screams were loud. Piercing even. As soon as her voice ripped through the air, calling me and Basil without even saying our names. She made me want to jump outside and join her. Ava Longing was an odd person. And I knew I wasn't the only one who thought that.

When I helped Basil, and held up Ava's head. Basils reaction to her calm exterior was, well, suspicious. And I knew that getting stabbed must have been painful. People rarely survive that kind of thing. And yet, Ava somehow held it all together. Hanging onto a taxi cab, running without hesitation, all while dragging two people along the way. Must have been tiring.

She seemed to constantly gleam with sweat, and sway in the air countless of times. But she held herself back, every new sentence from her was hesitant. The sentence in my head was repeated so many times, I just wanted to shout it out loud, "Who are you?!"

And Basil, Basil was a different story. I didn't dream about her like Ava, but only because the dream was cut short. I only wish I did. Basil made you feel happy, we did insult each other, but I knew she didn't mean it. And even if she did, what could she do? She seemed like the kinda person who would rather cry outside, under a tree.

Her eyes, made you sad. Who was she as well? And so here we are.
A preppy, rich girl with many secrets, and words filled with lies. A shy and sad, doctor, who had nothing to show. And me, a crippled gambler who's first day in New York, went horribly wrong.

I sigh and step out of the gray cab as the thought of us as a team, wears me down. "Wait...wait this is Camp Half-Blood?" Ava shakes. Her legs rattling on the fresh, green, grass. With a grin, I slap her on the back in a mean of encouragement, "Welcome to low class, you're gonna love it!"

"No!" She shouts, her voice echoing throughout the entire setting. "I thought this was going to be a camp with hotels, or -or spa treatments!" She shakes.

"Calm down, this isn't glamping," Basil snorts when she shuts the door.

"Well on the bright side, you'll finally be able to understand what being poor is like."
I elbow Basil and smile, "Right? Basil knows." She looks up, a frown on her face, but soon smiles.

"Y-yeah...totally." Her voice thick, and covered in awkward yet forced chuckles.

Ava squeals, her chest expanding and her fists balling up. "No! No! I refuse. I'm going back, even if it kills..." She stops, and her eyes grow cloudy and misty. "Th-the cab. Where is it?"

Basil puts her pack on and pushes the other against Ava, "They left. But don't ask me, you're the one who almost fell out." Ava glares and reluctantly pulls it over her back. In the distance, birds cooed. Singing with grace and light, their chirps harmonizing with the buzz of wildlife. The music was a calming sound, blending in with the hill that sat upon us.

But, in the midst, you could also hear clinks and clangs that interrupted nature. The sound of metal objects hitting each other with blunt force, slicing against each other and echoing. And with that, you heard shouts. People screamed with battle cries, or people screamed with laughter.