Adrastos ~ Ch18

A/N: Sorry for not updating when I said I would! I feel really bad. But when saw that the next day was going to be Percy's birthday, I decided I was going to post it then. Only for my plans to be smashed to bits when I found out I had to go to orientation. But it's here! Have a read, sip some orange juice. And happy (belated) birthday Percy! :D

Alex:
"Shut up!" Penny laughs as she slowly pulls away from Alex's embrace. "Alright, cmon I'm sorry. But think about it! Your mother sneaks out most of the time late at night, she comes back smelling weird as hell, and immediately clicks off her phone when you walk in a room. Doesn't hurt to think that a guy's feeling her up-"

"Oh my god -Alex shut up!" Penny smiles widely, punching him in the gut. Alex tenses up and laughs, his eyes setting on Penny's face. Penny stares back. This was pretty normal for them, stopping occasionally and staring at each other, as if wondering how they could possibly find each other in this huge city.

Dealing with feelings was never easy for Alex, but ever since he met Penny he didn't deny them, and would have done everything it took to get her. Even if it meant keeping her away from most of the guys at school, (which it did.) Alex loses his famous grin and pulls on Penny's arm, taking her down with him as they lay back on the ground.

"Alex?"

"What?" He sighs.

Penny nudges him harshly, "Manners!"

"Sorry sorry, yeah?"

She scoots closer to him as her arm rests near his side. "Do you sometimes think there's something more out there?" She asks. Alex puts his arm behind his head, pulling the grass out between his fingers. "Geez, you trying to get me to wonder about life again? Remember what happened last time you did that?"

"I'm being serious Alex. Everytime I ask you this question you shrug it off." Alex chuckles heartily while he scoots lower to meet her gaze. "Well depends on how you put it, do you mean like aliens?" He twirls her crimson hair. "Ugh, don't be ridiculous now." Alex grins again and looks up at the stars.

"Bigfoot?"

"That's not-"

"Monsters?"

"No, those aren't-"

"Monsters are real."

"Untrue-"

"Ones lying right next to me."

"Shut up!" Penny sits up and punches his stomach. Alex laughs and sits up too, pushing away Penny's arms when she tries hitting him again. After Penny gives up fighting, she slumps down on top of him, putting her entire weight on his chest. "Alex Luster, Alex Luster, Alex Luster...the good guy, the total nerd," Penny smiles and tugs on his jacket.

Alex snorts and looks out over the hill they sit on. "You could call me that, in a parallel universe."

Penny sits up and pushes his shoulder, "Ahha! So you believe in a parallel universe, an alternate one at least!"

Alex chuckles and taps his fingers repeatedly, "Yeah sure, but in that universe everything sucks."

"Why?"

"Cause I can't do this-" Alex pulls on Penny's shoulder and kisses her fearlessly. Her lips trail over his, tingling every time he tilts his head. After a minute or two as they sit on the grass and kiss underneath the moon. Penny pulls away and stares at his face, staring back at her with desire.