The Poker Goddess ~ Ch9

I refuse to move.
Water drops slowly hit my head every three seconds, and I'm too lazy to get up. The cold floor chills my back as I lie uncomfortably in my position, but I don't want to wake up yet.

Drip

Gah, did we have a leak or something?! I sit up and stay silent as I process the new room I'm in. A smile forms upon my lips as I gaze upon slot machines, kiosks, poker tables, huge stacks of poker chip cases, blackjack tables, and a huge bar. My lips curl, is this what Heavens like?

I jump up from my spot and look around, yup, it's been a while since I've been in a casino. With the move, and the thugs, and the addiction your parent doesn't exactly approve of...its hard to sneak your way in. My eyes hungrily take in every detail that comes in my sight.

The stench of light cigarettes and perfume fills my nostrils and mouth, I lightly chuckle. This place was my home, the only place I ever felt where I truly mattered. My home, my life, my obsession...my addiction. The lights were on, but only the bar lights, everything in my sight was shut off. I have to make sure that my temptation doesn't take a hold of me again.

Sure when you think about it, an addiction seems funny. Getting so attached to something that is most likely not alive, but trust me, if you could see through my eyes. The casino was the most alluring thing that has ever existed, it's a place where you play games! And I don't mean kiddy arcades that sell pizza as bland as cardboard...I meant the real stuff. And I only wanted more.

The place was beautiful, a place where everyone, anyone! Would love to venture into. Geez, add a couple of bartenders, food, booze, and a hotshot in a Liberace jacket and this would be perfection. I slowed my breathing, Liberace jacket. Old fashioned? Sure. But what's more old fashioned than the man who ran all the casinos? Sent hitmen to go mess up the guy who messed with him? Hunt down a smart ass kid.

Tay-Wer Matthews. That guy ruined everything! I felt a cool chill run down my sweaty back, I felt my heart touch my chest as it accelerated. I knew he wasn't here, but the feeling that he brought with him as he entered a room, that feeling that touched everyone. Always hit me the hardest. And it was in this room. I never knew what that feeling was, not sure I ever felt it in my life. All I know is that it killed me slowly.

But I now know it's name. Fear.

I sighed softly and looked all around the room, wondering when anyone was going to come inside...what time was it? Sharp ringing sounded in my ear digging it's way into my brain. "Aargh...green chips! That hurts!" The ringing slowly fades but it's still distant, I break out in a cold sweat.

I feel my chest rise quickly but slowly fall. Then the question came into my mind, the one I should have been thinking of when I woke up. Where was I? My father would have never let me in a casino, much less let me explore an unfamiliar city on my own. I look around the eerie room and try to find the door. I had to get out, it felt like someone was watching you every single second.

Viewing my every movement, every breath, the thing that really creeped me out was that the hair on my arms rose, but never came down.
Truly, I was about to leave. But soon my eyes landed on her. She was the most beautiful thing in the room, truly captivating. Nothing could compare to her, her name

LaFerrari

Or shall I say, the F150. Fast, light, and may I say quite the eye candy. I smile and make my way to the beautiful car that lay in the middle of the room. "Who left you here to gather dust?!" I happily proclaim to the car. My fingers lightly trail along her reflective facade, only slightly hovering over her tinted windows that kindly invited the light to cascade shadows in her interior.