Chapter 5: The Ends of The Earth

"Is your name Azrael?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yeah" I reply quickly, "And you are?"

"Bison, I'm working with Penguin Logistics as a sort of intermediary between them and Mountindash Logistics." He says.

"Ah" I exhale in understanding.

The Code of Brawl story must be playing out.

...

That probably means that my life in Terra will consist of the event storylines alongside the main Reunion arc.

I yawn thinking about it. There isn't a concrete timeline for all the event stories in Arknights as far as I can remember, so I'll most likely be caught off guard whenever an event story starts playing out.

That shouldn't be a problem for the main story with Reunion, but with the events i'll-

"You okay?" Bison says tapping me lightly, "They said that you had a habit of spacing out, kinda surreal seeing how perfectly they described it."

"I'm fine, just a bit tired." I say. His use of a 'they', and that 'they' had said that I had a habit of spacing out gives me enough information, I think I confidentially say my backstory is related to Penguin Logistics.

"Spacing out is an easy thing to do when you're stationed with such an eccentric group."

Bison gives me a sigh of agreement, "Really, they're a handful."

I nod and step aside, allowing Bison to open the door.

"Awright. Here's the guest of honor himself." Says Croissant as the door opens.

"Hey, Welcome to the End of the Earth" Says Emperor as I follow Bison into the bar. "See, it wasn't that hard getting here, you even brought Az along with ya."

...

"Wait-"

"AZ!" Sora screams to the best of her abilities, really showing off her high note.

Good thing I got those headphones.

I just wave to the rest of the gang while Sora runs up and hugs me.

"Hey Sora." I casually say hugging her back.

"Where were you!" She yells looking up to me, "Everyday I practiced so much just so I could show you when you came back to us!" Sora says backing off from the hug, "I have so much to show you!" She says practically jumping.

Hearing her words, I silently distinguish which backstory took up my adult life.

Sora had joined Penguin Logistics after she was saved by Texas, but in my dream, I had joined Penguin Logistics very early on and was the one who had saved Sora.

So all the admiration Sora shows towards Texas was diverted to me.

"She's been waiting for this day ever since you left," Says Exusiai from the corner, "Good to see you Az."

I smile.

"Good to see you too Exia"

From the corner of my eye I could see Texas slightly smiling, I turn my head towards her.

I give a wave and no more, she reciprocates. We can seemingly understand each other through each other's expressions. Despite not being able to know what my own backstory was, Texas and Exusiai feel like lifelong friends I could trust with my life.

All of the experiences I made in my dreams, the good, the bad, the sad, the happy, it all feels as if I had really lived it.

It doesn't feel like meeting a fictional character, it feels like a reunion between long-lost friends. A homecoming.