Chapter 12: Happy Sauin

Texas does not slow down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*SWOOSH*

The car drifts harshly into a corner.

*SCREECH*

And it finally slows down.

...

"We're here." Texas announces, taking out the keys and walking out.

"We're here?" Bison asks mystified, whiplash being only one of many things he's experiencing right now, "Ah, we're finally here."

I open the car door and jump down, Sora following.

Exusiai vaults from the back seat and joins us on the ground.

Croissant stays, tapping Bison, hoping to get him off the car seats.

...

The tapping turns to poking.

...

The poking turns to light slapping.

...

The slapping turns to-

"OKAY! I'm up!" Bison yells, finally running out of the car, "I don't understand how you guys can be fine after whatever the hell that was! Any regular person would be puking right now!"

"You'll get used to it, don't worry~" Exusiai says before walking over to Texas, ignoring Bison's confused stammers.

"Is that a block party?" Sora asks as she walks over with Exusiai, looking across into the festival.

"Appears so." I say joining them, "I can't think of any other place that would have so many people and vendors in Lungmen."

"Vendors?!" Croissant says jogging over to the possibility of money, "We shouda' gotten ourselves a booth, coulda' made a bundle!"

"Not a chance." Texas says, "The air is so sweetly polluted, I can't imagine staying here for more than an hour."

"Well we better hurry up then." I say, "Gotten anything from the boss yet?"

"Not yet, I think he got drunk and passed out somewhere." Texas answers.

Silence works itself in for a couple of seconds.

But Bison interrupts it by finally snapping out of his car-riding delusions, and meets up with us.

"There are so many people here, if the enemy finds us here, they'll get all mixed up with civilians." He says, not reading the mood at all.

...

Knowing the gang, we would probably take his simple observation and turn it into a conversation about guitar picks or something.

But our minds are taken off course with the appearance of two characters I completely forgot were in this story.

Jaye and Waai Fu.

...

"Ah" Jaye gets out.

"It's the Penguin folk" Waai Fu follows.

"And you're the girl from the detective agency." Texas says.

"And you're the infamous knife-wielding helmsman from the docks!" Exusiai says out of nowhere.

"What? No. I'm just a normal hawker trying to make a buck during the festival." Jaye says, "that's the craziest version yet." He says under his breath.