Chapter 20: Guitar Bonding

"TEXAS!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rhodes Island has its own recording studio?" Sora asks.

"Surspingly so." I answer, "I saw it randomly while walking around a couple of days ago."

"That's awesome!" Sora says eating her breakfast, "If we ever wanna get something down in tape we don't have to drive all the way back to Lungmen. It's all just right here."

"It's convenient." I say finishing my breakfast and heading to the kitchen.

"It is!" Sora says following behind, "But that aside. What are you planning to do today?"

"Well, firstly I want to head to the studio and check how the recordings sound." I say placing my plate in the dishwasher, "See if it's of actual 'studio' quality."

And I've also heard from background conversations that Vigna roams around the studio room a lot, and I need another guitarist if I'm going to be serious about making music in Terra.

"That's smart." Sora says washing off her plates, "Sadly, I have a meeting with Kal'sit about my validity on the battlefield today, so I won't be able to join you."

"It's alright." I say putting on my jacket and grabbing my guitar from the dorm, "I know music is your specialty but you don't always have to join me when I head to the studio."

"But what if you form a band without me while I'm not there!" Sora jokingly says.

...

That's exactly what I'm planning on doing.

...

"It'll be fine." I say heading to the door, "Good luck with your meeting."

"Alright then..." Sora pouts.

"I love you." I say.

Sora immediately smiles, "I love you too."

...

I walk out the door.

A bit later, the elevator is reached and MP3 is pressed.

It's been about 2 weeks since I stepped foot into Rhodes. I've gotten pretty used to it by now.

While MP1 and MP2 are large open areas with branching rooms all around, MP3 is more of a corridor fest. Rooms are sprinkled around the decently wide hall, it takes a while to learn all the hallways from each other.

But I've learned which hallway has the recording studio, so I'm all set for my needs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk into the studio.

Oddly shaped soundproofing foam, speakers, and many instruments are laid around.

I wouldn't say the thing is messy, but it definitely isn't something a top-of-the-line artist would use.

But, I kind of like the whole rugged feeling it gives off. Being dirty can sometimes produce the cleanest results, especially in Terra.

...

I take a seat on one of the few chairs and plug my guitar into whatever amp is closest to me.

I play the chords from Someday.

It sounds decently good, but it's missing some of that signature distortion.

I turn to fiddle around with the amp's settings.