Chapter 14: Contract

At least I won't be making it alone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy...

I knew the landship was big, but this is a completely different scale.

"Suprised?" The driver asks, "Rhodes Island is one hell of a place."

"I can see that now." I respond.

...

"So, you're from Penguin Logisitcs am I right?"

"Yes."

"Alright, I heard that our leaders want to get you guys on our payroll after hearing how you had stopped some mafia's and such in Lungmen." He says, "Is that true? Lungmen's crime scene is harsh."

"It's true, though it was a bit annoying at times."

"I can imagine! Having to kill all those guys with guns and such, and then going up against The Rat King." The driver continues, "I can see why our higher-ups want you on our side."

He chuckles to himself, "Are you here by yourself?"

"Mhmm." I respond, "As of right now, I'm just a representative of Penguin Logistics. We made some changes to the contract, and now I've been sent to finalize those changes and get the thing signed."

"So your just a negotiator on the behalf of Penguin Logistics?"

"Pretty much."

...

We approach the massive landship.

A large ramp is present, trucks using it to come in and out.

Our car jumps up onto the ramp, and drives past all the trucks.

We reach the inside of the ship, and a large storage area meets us, filled with everything ranging from herbs to spare airplane parts.

A lady walks up to us, clipboard in hand, and a smile in the other.

"Hey Kent!" She says as the driver, or Kent, gets out, "Are you here with the Penguin Logistics representative?"

"Yup." He says back to her as I step out myself.

"Alright!" She says walking up to me, "Welcome to Rhodes Island. You will be meeting with Dr. Kal'sit in room AP4, follow the orange line layed out here on the ground and it will take you to an elevator, press AP and then the room should be a little ways down. Have a good day!"

I give her a thumbs up and begin walking down the orange line.

"Hey!" I hear Kent say from the car, "I wish you luck, and beware, Dr. Kal'sit is very menacing!"

I smile to myself, "Thank you, have a good day."

"You too!" I hear him shout before continuing on the orange line.

...

After about a minute of walking through the storage area, I finally reach the elevator.

I walk in, nobody else following.

I press the button AP, probably standing for appointments, and I lean against the elevator door as it begins moving.

...

No elevator music plays.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The elevator door opens, and a hallway greets me.

I step into it and glance around at my surroundings.