Chapter 24: One More Member

I walk out the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We need a bassist ." Vigna says, finishing up the song, "I'm being dead serious."

"Well, what do you say we should do?" Blaze asks, "We can't just expect a bass player to fall into our hands the way I did... Hmmm, maybe we could put up an advertisement or something and-

"No." Vigna says, I wanted to say that as well but she's more direct it seems.

"We already had that discussion, and that's the answer we came to." I decide to add onto Vigna, flipping through my guitar notebook with all the songs I remembered how to play, "While I would prefer just going about our lives until someone shows up, we can't really wait that long, it'll take longer for them to learn the songs and it could mess up the make-up of the band."

"Oh, yeah that too." Vigna says, "I just thought it would make the sessions easier."

Blaze and I look at her for a bit.

I know Courier plays bass, but he's working for Silverash and is pretty dedicated at that. We're already pushing our luck with Blaze and how many operations she's apart of, we really don't need more of that. Also I don't think I'd clash with him well, but that's a personal thing.

I have no clue what other operators can play bass.

"Well, I got nothing." Vigna says, "Az, do you have anything besides the waiting-around-for-someone-to-show-up thing?"

"Well... no." I say truthfully, "The only other thing I can think of is just asking every person we meet if they can play bass, but that's..."

"Stupid and uncool." Vigna says, "Which is the absolute opposite of this music."

"Mhmm!" Blaze agrees, "This music is super cool, if we ever get famous and people hear we got our bassist by desperately asking around, it'll... uh... make us look less cool!"

"Yeah, exactly that!" Vigna says pointing to Blaze.

...

"We still haven't gotten anywhere though." Vigna eventually comes back down to Earth, or Terra.

"I can try to think of something while out on my next mission, or just before our next jam session." I say, still flipping through my guitar notebook.

"I'll join you! Though I'm not as smart... I'll come up with something, hopefully." Blaze says, raising her drumsticks.

"I'm not going to join you, I'm not even going to try to lie and say I'll come up with something." Vigna states, fiddling with the amp.

I crack a smile at that, "Well then we'll do that. How about we just practice our stuff from right now?"

"I'm always down with that!" Vigna gives a wide smile, changing back the stuff she fiddled with on the amp.

"What she said!" Blaze follows up, her drumsticks high in the air.

"Alright then!" I say, closing my guitar notebook, "This one is called Last Night, but it's spelled wrong because it gives it more character."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still can't believe how fast they're able to get these songs, we're about halfway done with the album already! I get they aren't the hardest things to play, and I still haven't gone over the guitar solo's yet, but still, that's pretty good.

But the bassist problem is a pretty big problem.

...

Wow, I'm really good with words.