Chapter 13: A Decision

"Cheers to us!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Two Three Four...

"Can't you see I'm trying?

I don't even like it

I just lied to get to your apartment

Now I'm staying there just for a while

I can't think 'cause I'm just way too tired."

...

"That's amazing!" Sora says, clapping her hands together, "The lyrics are a bit... But the sound is so good! Your voice is just amazing on this track! Did you write this yourself?"

"Surprisingly enough, I did." I answer, "The lyrics were always there, I just wrote a little guitar part and threw them on there.

"You're describing it so casually! That "little" riff is super catchy, and the way you use that gravelly tone of voice compliments it perfectly!" She adamantly says, "You have to finish it. Then when you finish it, you make another song, and then you make an entire album!"

I chuckle a small bit, "Slow down. I have a single verse and a single riff and you're already talking about full albums? I don't even own a bass guitar."

"I know, I know... But the quality is there!" Sora explains, "If you work on it it'll come. You have the talent, I've learned that personally."

She laughs to herself.

"And we have at least another day until we get to Victoria... So get to it!" Sora says getting up, "If you make an album I'll even provide a feature for completely free! Isn't that an offer?"

"I guess it is." I say with a smile, "Though I don't think your label would let you do that. Isn't there a clause in the contract that prevents you from doing stuff like that? And if you break it you won't be allowed to be a Penguin Logistics employee anymore?"

...

"Your right." Sora says, trying to hide her anger, "It's because I have a stupid manager who won't let me enjoy myself through music because it'll "hurt my reputation" or whatever... stupid." She mutters, releasing some of that anger.

She then takes a breather and returns as he regular old self, "I'll talk it out with my agency, I need to contribute something to your first ever album."

"If I even write one."

"And you will! If you can just casually write something as good as what you just showed me, you can definitely write a full album."

I smile to myself, "We'll see."

...

"Well, I'll get to working on it then. If Texas ever complains about the noise, just give her headphones or something."

"Mhmm! Got it!" Sora says, walking off back to the car.

We're in the middle of nowhere as of right now.

We've been given a big delivery that's requiring us to head from Lungmen to Victoria, which is taking a couple of days.

With Croissant and Exusiai staying back to take smaller orders in Lungmen, it's just Texas, Sora, and me.

...

From the time from the end of Sauin to now, it's pretty much just been nonstop deliveries and other logistics work.

So during off days, I've been teaching myself a couple songs that I can pawn off as my own to Sora and the rest of the gang.

"Is This It." Seems to be the perfect album to start with.