00 | a rainstorm

The air grew thick and moist as the sky darkened slowly and rain began to drizzle on my scalp, wet wet wet! 

I covered my head. 

My foot slipped and I skidded down on my bottom and dropped against the sidewalk, my shoes drenched as a puddle of water formed around them.

My stomach groaned, my face went hot and tears lashed out from my eyes.

Why, why had it turned out this way? Anything but this...

I looked up at the sky one last time and wished with tears clouding my eyes and rainwater dripping down my cheeks.

I wish I could find a job...!

I collapsed my head into my knees and huddled against the side of the street with my hair dripping in wet locks over my shoulders.

The sounds of the marketplace faded.

My heavy eyelids clouded and dropped over my eyes, forcing my exhausted body to fall asleep.

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

I was startled awake by a tap that came on my shoulder, I lifted my chin and rubbed my eye. Slowly adjusting to his face, I spotted a pair of green eyes and soft cherry blonde hair. The rain was only a soft drizzle now as the sounds of the heavy thunderstorm faded into the background.

"Hey! Are you okay? You must've been out in the rain, you're drenched!"

I looked down at myself and noticed how embarrassing it was to be curled up into a ball on the side of the street and blushed, "I-I'm ok..."

"Do you need some help standing up?"

"N-no I'm fine," I said, hoisting myself up onto my feet as best as I could. My feet froze against the floor and stabilized for a few moments before twisting against the curb and thrusting me backwards.

My hands scrambled for something to grab to avoid crashing on the ground when a hand caught me from behind.

"Whoa, don't fall, I've still got to take these groceries back to the Kamisato residence."

His eyes met mine for a second and my heart stopped for a few moments in dead silence. He jumped and picked me up, rubbing the back of his neck then profusely apologizing for touching my back without my consent.

I giggled at his shyness and sighed, "So you work for the Kamisato residence?" I inquired.

"Yeah, I'm the house cleaner, kind of like a maid, people like to poke fun at me for it, but I do enjoy my job a lot."

"Do they um, need any extra help?"

"Extra help?" He scratched his head, "Well they were asking about a new house cleaner since Master Ayato would need someone to help me multitask no matter how much I deny it! Ehe..."

I squeaked in excitement, a job opportunity!

"What are the requirements?"

"None...as of right now I don't think, they aren't entirely sure whether or not the position is going to be too extra."

"Oh. Do you need help carrying your groceries?"

"It's alright...I mean I can carry them but if you want to--"