19 | a blossom

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

"Y/n!" Ayaka's voice sounded like wind chimes in the morning. I rubbed my eyes and glanced at the wisps of sunlight being strewn into a warm brew of tea resting in a pair of pale delicate palms. 

"Good morning Y/n," Ei said melodiously. I turned pink at the sound of her voice and looked down at what I was wearing just to make sure it looked partially suitable. 

It was a few of Ayato's spare clothes thrown on top of a mismatched outfit that was sure to make anyone puke at the sight of it.

"Y/n, sit down! Have some tea with us, we were just talking a little bit."

"Oh um, I'm good...I should take a second to use the restroom fast--"

"Please sit, Y/n, I have so much to tell you," Ei's shakey voice filled the room. Usually 'I have so much to tell you were a warning sign from the Aunties to leave as soon as possible. 

In this case, it probably meant someone was about to drop tea. Literally from the way she was shaking, and also figuratively.

"Oh, okay," I reluctantly slid onto the couch perpendicular to them and held a pillow in front of my torso to mute the colors of my top.

"May I...come to your wedding?" Ei asked suddenly, her face looking oddly flushed to be asking that question. Ayaka giggled, "Y/n, why are you so quiet? It's just a question."

"The Raiden Shogun...wants to come to my wedding...!"

"I-It's the wedding of a commissioner and the person my sister loved to take care of... and it would be very nice if Yae Miko could join me as I am not used to walking around Inazuma in this form since the Shogun took my place--"

"Yes!" I smiled, "Please come! It would mean all of Teyvat and more to me if you could!"

The smell of lavender soap mixed with warm spring kissed my forehead.   

"Good morning, lily."

"Lily? Is that me?" I snickered, "Good morning to you too, rock."

"...Cute," Ayato sat down and rested his head on my shoulder. I pushed him off and he groaned.

"You're not sick, come on, sleep on the couch or something. You didn't have to wake up this early anyway."

"Y/n...I heard your voice and I wanted to come to see."

I hesitated, and a startled hiccup jumped out of my mouth. I blushed in embarrassment and sighed, "Fine...but your head is so hard, just sleep on my lap."

He lengthened himself on the couch and lay his head on top of my thighs. I stroked his hair like a puppy and twisted a few strands around my fingers.

His cheeks were warm and peachy. His chest rose and fell as he quickly fell asleep.

"Did he stay up all night again or something? I thought I told him not to overwork himself for a while..."

"He was awake for three days I think, the day you went out with him he said he never fell asleep the night before, then after you went missing he couldn't sleep and finally he just watched you all night to make sure you were safe. I told him to go to sleep but he was ghost-like."

"Him...? Where's Thoma?"

Thoma's head popped out of the kitchen, "Hm? The biscuits for the tea are still baking, M'lady, I'll try to finish them up soon!"

Ayaka smiled and waved him back into the kitchen as we continued our conversation.

"Don't mind him, he's a little bit frantic right now."