11 | a poem

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

"Y/n, do you need some water? You seem flustered, I'm not sure if...Y/n?"

I suddenly grabbed his hand while he was talking and latched my fingers in between his then quickly fumbled and tried to let go when he squeezed back.

"I'm fine, sorry I don't mean to make you worry."

"Y/n, your fingers are so cold, did you ever rest?"

"Y-yes, in the basement..." I made my voice small so he wouldn't scold me for sleeping somewhere it was possible to get a cold in.

"Sleep there," he took my hand and suddenly made me lean against the mattress of his bed, pulling out the covers and tucking me in as if I were a child.

"Why are you so cold," he bent over and touched my forehead, washing out a cloth inside of a basin of warm water meant for the plants and then softly patting it against my forehead.

This wasn't the first time I'd rested in his bed, but to have him care for me made my heart beat faster so I closed my eyes and tried to wish the pounding in my heartstrings away.

"I'll let you rest for a bit while I help Thoma instead," He turned around and closed the drapes over the window which sent a shadow into the room in the absence of sun.

Before he could leave, I reached for him and turned on my side, "Wait...It hurts..."

"Where does it hurt?"

"Everywhere," I reached for his hand and pulled it to my face, "please don't go away..." I mumbled. I was feeling lovesick mostly, but I didn't relay that to him, instead I rested my cheek in his hand and felt his fingers against my skin until I managed to make him tired.

"Wait," I said as he yawned and stared at me while sitting on the bed beside me, "You can't go to sleep."

"Why not, Y/n..." He looked at me drowsily, "I've been taking care of you for at least three hours."

"Because I want to look at your eyes," I focused on his eyes as he sighed and rolled back his shoulders.

"I think your eyes are prettier than my eyes," Ayato said as he used his free hand to brush away an eyelash and stare at my e/c irises.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"What is it?"

"But you have to forget about it once I ask it, promise?"

"Okay, I'll try."

I sucked in a breath, "Could you ever love me, even an ounce as you would a wife?" He perked up and threaded his fingers through mine then leaned with his chin against my hand which was entangled with it and set his elbow against the bed.

"I can give you an answer, but you have to forget about it once I say it, promise?"

"I'll try," I replied, nervous about what he might respond.

"Y/n, you're kind of blind."

My face turned white, wh-what's that supposed to mean? ARE YOU ACCUSING ME!? Then he started to laugh at my expression.

"What I mean is, I love you, Y/n. Maybe it's from your past life, but I've never felt my heartbeat increase so rapidly with anyone else by my side, so I think the answer is yes, I could."

"Prove it!" I whined and he leaned toward my head and my lips almost grazed his before he landed a kiss on my forehead and smiled.

"Done~"