20 | a vow

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

Fluttering feathers swirl the colors of the sky with bright yellow and fawn autumn undertones. 

Tree branches arched over the glittering skies and leaves floated above my head, the striking colors of magenta and violet flowers peeking from between.

Kazuha's flute bewitched the audience with a melodious charm.

"Are you ready, Y/n?"

"Yes," I smiled.

"I can't help but feel nervous for you and my brother..."

"Don't worry about it!" I was no longer smiling but beaming. I was sure my face probably looked like sunshine right now.

"I can't imagine this is anything compared to when that horrible cousin of yours kidnapped you..."

I hesitated.

"Yeah, but you know...he's still my cousin."

She jumped up on her toes and clipped a flower to my hair, "There, now it looks good! Even the groomsmen will be amazed by your looks," she chortled.

I lifted my fingers and bounced my fingers against the petals.

"Is this real?"

"Well...the Raiden Shogun helped to preserve its hues even though it's probably dying."

"Haha, eternity, I get it."

There was a wave from the entrance to the aisle and I straightened my shoulders.

I walked down the aisle as Kazuha played the flute. Birds were chirping outside the courtyard of the Kamisato residence.

Ayato extended me his hand and I took it.

He touched his forehead to mine and brushed my nose. When his lips touched mine, I tasted the faintness of honey and a rose petal.

My cheeks warmed.

Tears lifted at the corners of my eyes. I buried my face in Ayato's chest.

"Y/n is something-"

"Noooo, it's embarrassing...!"

He stifled a laugh, "Pfft, are you crying?"

"Me?" I looked up at him. He pushed my face back into his chest, "I knew it."

I turned my face to the audience. Ei sat in the crowd with her arms folded over her thighs. For a second I thought she intended to intimidate me further but then I saw her face.

She looked like she was still trying to process what was happening.

My Liyue parents hugged each other in tears, and my village friends cheered and smiled, chanting for the bouquet.

I rose my arms over my head and threw the bouquet into the crowd, Ayaka bit her lip and attempted to grab it. 

Kazuha whistled and shifted it toward her discretely with a little anemo.