15 | an accident

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

"Y/n! Get over here! Aiya! Come sit here," My mother shoved a pillow over on the couch and patted the cushions beside her.

I swallowed and sat in between my parents, my father dropped his hand on my knee and my mother played with my hair.

"I will go get some tea, please make yourselves at home." 

Thoma left and Lady Ayaka mouthed "smile" to me.

I opened my mouth and clenched my teeth making some sort of half-smiling, half-mentally deteriorating expression.

"Tsk," My mother slapped the back of my head gently, "What's wrong with your face?"

I hid my mouth and tore the look from my face.

"Y/n," My father spoke for the first time, "Who is this?" He cleared his throat.

Everyone including Ayato looked at me to introduce him.

"H-He's my fiancé."

It was silent.

"Eh?! That's it?! Y/n, what's his personality? Status?"

"P-Personality? Um...well he's very kind to me and he's a member of the Tri-Commission-"

"Speak up! Is that a question or a statement?"

Ayato laughed from the corner and I threw him a glare. He was lucky he wasn't in this awkward position!

"Enough Zhixiao," My father's face turned serious, "Kamisato Ayato, was it? You're going to marry my daughter, what do you think of her? Is she not lazy?"

Lazy struck a chord in my heart, never once had my father thought I was hardworking, he'd always pushed me since he wanted a son. 

He wanted a son so badly he was turning his daughter into one.

"Lazy? I don't think she is lazy, she's very diligent and creative, very surprising too. She makes me happy because she's adorable and I can see she takes her looks from her mother," He smiled.

My mother blushed, "Oh please..."

"You look so young, Madame."

She nudged me, "How much did you pay for him? Maybe I can trade out your father..."

Thoma returned and placed the tea on the table, Ayato nodded and Thoma left. I stood up from the cushion while Ma clutched my arm.

"I have to use the restroom...I'll be back."

"Wash your hands."

"I will, Ma!"

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

Once I escaped, I entered the kitchen and found Lady Ayaka fanning herself in the corner and watched Thoma pack away the glass teacups into the cabinets. 

She yawned and left, pointing to Thoma and hinting I needed to talk to him.

"T-Thoma? Is everything okay? Can I help you carry something--" I tried to take a teacup from the box and slip it into the cabinet but Thoma caught my wrist.

"Y/n, get out."

"W-What? Are you sure? I really do mean to help--"

"I said get out," He turned his head away from me and began to carry another load of teacups when I started to help him lift them.