18 | a betrayal

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

I twitched my fingers. The soft satin edge of a cream cloth brushed my knuckle. My stomach turned as I wiggled my toes and felt my feet. They were freezing. 

I reached up with my hand and touched something just inches above my face with my fingers, it was warm and wet. I flinched and opened my eyes.

Scaramouche grabbed my hand from in front of his face and held it to his cheek, "Hey, you're touching my lips," he snickered.

"Pervert."

I winced at something digging into my side, the pain was shallow but still there. It burned like a skinned knee.

"W-What..." My eyes twitched.

"Shh Y/n, it's almost done." Scaramouche grabbed my other hand before I could twist it over to grip whatever was digging down from my side to my thigh.

I screamed and kicked my leg, the pain burned more excruciatingly so I stopped kicking, but not screaming.

"Y/n, be quiet. It'll be over soon."

"What are you doing?!" I shouted, tears parted from my eyes, and my face was wet and red.

"In brief, there's a gnosis inside of you."

"I-INSIDE OF ME!?" I screamed.

"It's like a surgery where you feel everything. Sadly, because you were born with archon lineage infused in your blood, it was practically to find a serum that would put you to sleep for enough time to prepare and execute the operation."

"W-Why are you here?!" I tried to move my hands but he gripped my wrists firmly.

"I'm holding you down," he bent over and pressed his forehead to mine.

My eyes widened in fear.

"For the worst part," he whispered. 

I froze. I jerked my wrist to my face and bit his finger. He was shocked. I held back the loudest scream that was churning in my lungs. His eyebrows furrowed and he ripped his hand from my mouth.

"Help..." I breathed when I released his finger and withered back down onto the examination table and fell in and out of consciousness.

I guess I can collect my thoughts now...

I can't feel anything. I can hardly even see, there's sound but it's cutting and drilling into my thigh... Help...

Did Kazuha betray me for this? Or maybe...I'm thinking about this the wrong way and Kazuha didn't betray me. Maybe he was deceived.

Or he wanted me to leave so that I could escape these people?

I wish I never left Ayato.

I need to get myself out of this, why do I always rely on him?

I can barely think now...

I just want to...rest...

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

I woke up. This time, nothing was blaring in my face or making a sound.

Nothing...made a sound.

I clenched the sheet and threw it off my legs, bandages were wrapped around my thighs and calves on both legs.

I felt so sick but I could barely move.