03 | a teacup

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

"Y/n," A whisper came from my side. I turned sideways and caught his face inside of my eyes. His breath was only inches away.

"M-master Ayato?!" I bolted upright and fixed my hair, checking that I was fully dressed. Check, check and check!

What did I just do?!

I played with my hair on the side and tried not to look at him lying in the bed beside me.

"Oh um, I'm sorry...I didn't know that..."

"What do you mean? I woke you in the middle of the night and asked if I could share the bed with you and you nodded."

My face turned red, I-I did?! 

I didn't remember anything remarkably and the last few hours I'd spent asleep had been the best few of everything I'd gone through so far in Inazuma. I looked at the window, the sunlight shining through the open curtains.

"Oh no! I woke up too late!"

"Y/n, it's okay. Thoma and Ayaka are revisiting the city."

I stiffened, "S-so, why...?" Suddenly, last night's memories flooded back to me in a huge wave and I touched my forehead. Maybe I was the ill one.

"Your eyes...they're so peaceful when they're closed, did you know that?" He mentioned. I touched my face and tried to remember my features.

"You don't believe me?"

I turned my head to the side and crawled out of the bed, bowing my head and stepping closer to the door, "I'm s-sorry sir, this is a little much for me to handle..." I didn't lift my head. Footsteps inched out of the bed and came toward me, suddenly I felt my wrist caught inside of his hand and twisted up against the wall.

"Warm, you're so warm," Ayato's face was flushed with red and his eyes were half-closed, "P-please, it was so cold all alone."

I twisted my wrist out of his clutch and grabbed him, forcing him into the bed and covering him with the sheets where he bit his lower lip and whimpered a bit, "You're sick," I informed him.

"You need to stay in bed!" I stomped my foot against the ground in affirmation and glared at him then sighed, "Wait until I get back, okay? Stay in bed." 

I eyed him until I left the room and clicked the door behind me then rushed to the kitchen and started preparing herbal soup.

 The ingredients were all organized in the cabinets as I began to cook. I didn't hear any noises from outside so I'd assumed he'd fallen asleep again and continued working. Once the soup was busy bubbling on the stove, I leaned against the counter and drew in a breath.

For some reason, the only thing I could think about was the feeling of his hand lifting my chin or his comment on my passionate sleeping, I blushed and shook my head, "Argh, just stop thinking about it!"

"About what?"

"Master Ayato! I told you to stay put, you've worked yourself too hard, I'm not sure how it is you are able to remain on those two feet of yours but the next moment I catch you--"

"I want to be with you though," he interrupted plainly.

"Aren't you with me right now?" I snapped back and he frowned, I took pity on him and grabbed his hand, massaging his fingertips inside of my hands, "Sorry...here, come with me." 

I led him to the main room and had him sit down on the cushions then poured a bowl of soup into a glass bowl and dashed the top with seasoning and a spoon. "Try this."