37: Resolute Pt. 1

"48 hours." Sanyu concluded after thinking it over. "In 48 hours I can have Eri here, unharmed. No one at the base will be harmed either, if that's preferable." He continued.

Nighteye gave him an incredulous look. "Your plan is to kidnap the girl?" He asked. Sanyu's eyebrows furrowed.

"She needs to be saved. He's hurting her, sir." He said, reminding the man of the debrief they had just had.

"She's safer if they don't think we're trying to recue her or that she's not trying to run away." Nighteye said, "And how would you even find her? We've got the best people in Japan in this case and you think-what? That you could find her faster? Do it all safely?".

Sanyu couldn't just say that he had someone with time travel powers at home. Tao was still a secret at this point, although he had gotten himself an ID (god knows where he got it, they didn't ask). It seemed like Tao's ability to suddenly touch people in the past and travel to their present stuck around, always accompanied by purple smoke as opposed to his normal tealish glow.

The boy wondered if it had to do with the purple portal that had taken him to this world in the first place.

Bottom line was he and Tao could have Eri back in less than 48 hours.

But apparently he wasn't allowed to.

"Sir, calm down. Oyama's just trying to help." Mirio interjected, trying to smooth everything over.

"Her life is the priority. We could only have hours before he-" Sanyu tried to think of a way to word what he was trying to say. He settled on "really hurt her.".

"I don't know how to express this to you-" Nighteye began. He stopped when he noticed Mirio had positioned himself between Sanyu and the hero.

He gave the man an almost scolding look. Sanyu was shocked. This was Sir Nighteye, the man Mirio wanted to impress and follow above no other, but he was staring him down and all because he thought Sanyu would be hurt.

"You're just like All Might." The man muttered. "Go home, Oyama." He instructed.

Sanyu gritted his teeth, barely managing to keep his expression neutral. "Come on." Mirio said, putting his arm around his junior. "Let's get changed and head out.".

------ -------- ----------- --------- --------- --------- -----------

Two days later and Sanyu had just found out his entire afternoon was scheduled off from school for therapy.

But when he'd gotten there Hound Dog had smiled and told him to grab all his stuff and get ready to go somewhere.

Even weirder was the sight of Ectoplasm standing by a car in the parking lot.

"Alright Sanyu." Inue said with a smile, "We've come up with something fun for you this afternoon, so try not to feel too pressured to make tons of progress today. It's for fun, to make you feel a little better, I suppose.".

They really had planned it out to be fun. Inue had noticed that Sanyu was struggling with not actively helping out, with not doing anything. He was going stir crazy in retirement. Another thing he and All Might had in common.

But they couldn't let that fester so they waited until the hero work studies for Ectoplasm to find a gap in his schedule so they could organize all of this.

Slightly more shocking was that when the hero opened the back door of the car, Bunny popped out. Sanyu bent down immediately and she came running into his arms. "Привет зайка." He said with a small smile as he pet her behind the ears.

"She's really well behaved." Ectoplasm said, "Your uncle told Inue we could pick her up, helped her into her car harness and everything. She was an angel the whole time.".