3

Days blur by, and it's Friday again.

Winter hasn't mentioned the stairwell incident, and neither has Karina. They silently agree to peacefully co-exist and never bring it up. And either Karina is getting used to it, or Winter's become considerably quieter during sex. It's still annoying, and Karina still wishes she'd do it anywhere else than in the house, but it's not as loud.

Karina's successfully passed her quiz and is very much looking forward to doing some light reading for class. She took AP literature as a fun elective and hasn't yet regretted that decision. She's actually looking forward to writing an essay on Sappho at the end of the semester. An obvious choice of work of literature, yes, but a fun one nonetheless. Where's the fun in being openly gay if she can't flaunt her sexuality in some particularly disgruntled old faces?

As Karina predicted, the fridge is nearly empty when she goes to check it. Usually, she buys groceries every Sunday, but with the newest addition to the household they run out faster. She's actually surprised they've made it this far. Winter's affinity for fast food joints is probably something to be thankful for. Winter's eating habits generally concern Karina. Not that she's concerned about her, of course. Only her diet.

Maybe she should ask Winter if she needs anything from the store.

Lately, her weekends have been full of surprises and unnecessary partial nudity. In other news, Winter should really learn to close her bedroom door.

Karina nearly trips at the sight before her when she reaches Winter's room. Crimson bra and a toned, full ass in a matching thong. Pale skin. Bare feet. Smooth back with fading scratches and two glaring, angry hickeys just below her shoulder blade. So that's what she's into. Somehow, Karina isn't surprised. She's most likely heard the exact moment those hickeys were burned into Winter's skin.

Winter's eyes twinkle with wickedness as they study her through a full body mirror. Winter's reflection is cocky and confident. Karina's reflection is startled and wide-eyed. Thanks to the mirror, she's presented with both back and front view of Winter clad in nothing but suggestive underwear, and this isn't what she needs today.

Karina's gaze skims over Winter's generous cleavage, and she swallows, snapping her eyes up to meet mischievous eyes.

Winter's giving her a lazy, knowing smirk.

"See something you like?"

"No," the reply is curt, too curt, and Winter's smirk grows wider. "I'm going out for groceries."

The blonde nods. Karina watches as her throat bobs with a swallow. Watches muscles ripple under marked skin as Winter turns around, and - oh. The reflection doesn't quite do her justice.

Winter's smirk is a wide, wicked grin, and Karina abruptly turns and leaves, completely forgetting to ask if Winter needs anything from the store.

Her trip lasts two hours. Driving to and back from town is a pain, and it's moments like this that make Karina wish they didn't live so far from the nearest supermarket. The scenery more than makes up for such small inconveniences, though. She grew up surrounded by trees and crisp fresh air and quiet. The town doesn't have that luxury.