20

The parents decide to stay for longer. Just until Karina is off her bedrest, Ms Narae tells them at dinner. The news is disappointing, and Karina grumbles about it as soon as Winter and her reach her room. Turns out, Winter has more disappointing news for her.

"We are not having sex regardless of them being here," she announces defiantly when she closes the door behind them and helps Karina get into bed. It's completely unnecessary, and Karina lets her know as much, but Winter ignores her. "You have a head injury. No physical exercises allowed. Sex included."

Karina's never felt more offended in her entire life.

At least it's winter break. They have exactly two weeks of doing nothing ahead and many tv shows to catch up on, as Winter enthusiastically reminds her. Karina doesn't really care what's happening on her laptop screen, as long as Winter's warm and solid next to her.

The whole 'no sex' thing still sucks. Winter also banned anything heavier than small pecks that barely count as kisses because apparently 'Karina can't be trusted with her hands'. Karina thinks that on the contrary, her hands are very trustworthy. She lasts exactly three days without touching Winter, and it's pure torture: constantly having her near and not doing anything about it. So, on the fourth day of her house arrest, she cracks.

She's back in bed after completing her slightly altered morning routine when Winter walks in with a bowl of chicken soup.

"I have a hole in my head," Karina points out. "Not a cold."

Winter rolls her eyes. "Drama queen," she mutters. Karina waits till Winter places the bowl on her nightstand, and then revels in her surprised yelp as she tackles her to bed.

"Karina," Winter gasps and god, she missed this girl so much. "Wait-"

Karina's lips on hers interrupt whatever it is that she wants to say. Both of them sigh at the contact, and Winter's small needy noise at having Karina's tongue touch hers makes Karina throb with want. Winter wraps her legs around Karina's waist on instinct, and she grinds down, letting out a hungry moan. God, it's been too long. Too long without feeling Winter like this. Karina can't stop herself from touching Winter all over: legs, thighs, chest. Her tongue caresses the roof of Winter's mouth, coaxing a sharp gasp from the girl, and her nails scratch down her sides, making her arch.

"Karina," Winter whispers when she tears her mouth away, only to attach it to her neck. "We... we can't, stop."

Karina stills immediately, lifting her head. Winter is a sight to behold, for sure. A flushed, flustered sight. But her expression is stern and Karina inwardly shrinks.

"Karina." One scolding finger shoots up, pointing at her face. "What did I tell you? No sex."

"But it's been three days already," Karina's well aware she's whining and she doesn't care.

Winter huffs. "Three days is nothing! You have a fucking hole in your head – we can't have sex while you're on bedrest, which is another-"

"-week and a half," Karina finishes for her, eyes wide. "Winter, that's way too long," she finishes pitifully. When did she become a sex-crazed maniac?

The answer is lying under her and is very unamused. "We can't risk it. Don't be an idiot."

"I'm not an idiot," Karina replies. "I'm valedictorian."

Winter doesn't scoff at her. Instead, she watches her, and the soft smile on her face has Karina gasping for breath. "Yeah," she whispers, tucking a lock of chestnut hair behind Karina's ear. "I know." Just like that, Karina has to kiss her again. She takes her time, thoroughly exploring her mouth and nibbling at her lips. When they come up for air, Winter is dazed.