3

After the first class was over we get 10 minutes between classes, so when all the students left the room I went up to the teacher. "Hello Sir, I'm Maya. I was wondering if I could have the room to take a call? It shouldn't take too long," I asked hoping he'll say yes as I really needed to talk to Chucky.

"Okay but do not make this an everyday thing," he said.

"Thank you, Sir, my mother has an important message to tell me," I said and he nodded before leaving the room. I closed the door and turned down the curtains so they couldn't see anything.

Once they were closed Chucky came to life. "What the hell was that about this morning?" Chucky screamed.

"How the hell am I supposed to know? I was hoping you could tell me" I snapped back. I knew as soon as the words left my mouth that I was in trouble. Even halfway across the room, I could feel the storm emanate from Chucky, I saw him take out his knife. I gulped scared.

"You forgot your lesson Doll," Chucky said.

"I'm sorry Chucky" I whispered, my voice broke as I was scared but I dared not move as I didn't want it to be worse. It's sad as Chucky was inevitably able to train me to do as he wants.

He stalked towards me, got up on the desk that was closest, and pressed the knife into my neck just enough to cause it to leave a light red mark not very noticeable if you don't know that it's there, he then took his knife away and slapped my face hard. "Don't you ever use that fucking tone with me again. Got it?" Chucky snapped, I nodded.

"Chucky, do you think Lexy came in contact with one of your dolls? That would explain her reaction to you" I asked. He seemed to ponder what I just said before nodding.

"You may be right Maya," Chucky said. "Let's go to your second period as the bell will ring in 5 minutes." With that, I opened all the curtains, grabbed my bag, picked up Chucky, and made my way to my second period, history.

When I left the room everyone was looking at me, almost as if they had seen or heard the entire conversation, but I chalked it up to the fact that a 15-year-old was carrying a doll in her arms. I hurried to find the next class and when I did, the bell rang. I quickly sat down in the back corner, my face throbbing from Chucky slapping me.

After the morning with what happened with Lexy and then with Chucky not much happened but I did end up going to the bathroom, after asking Chucky by writing a note which I got a tap from Chucky saying yes, so I then asked the teacher. As I was in the bathroom I looked in the mirror, lo and behold my cheek had a bruise.

When the bell rang signalling the end of the fourth period I went to my locker to wait for Lexy. When she came she was with two other males one was white and the other was black they both had brown hair and brown eyes. The white one looked to be around 5'3'' as he was the same height as me while the black one looked to be 5'6'' as he was a little taller than Lexy. "Hey Maya, this is Devon and Jake," Lexy said, pointing to each of the boys.

"I'm Maya and this is Chucky," I said.

"I like to be hugged," Chucky said, so I turned him around and gave him a hug "I want you to invite them to your house after school, so they can talk to you" Chucky whispered.

I gave a faint nod. "There you go Chucky," I said after repositioning him. "Would you guys like to come over to my house after school?" I asked.

They looked at each other until Jake said "okay we can walk together after school" I nodded agreeing with him.

"How are you liking Hackensack so far?" Devon asked as we made our way to the cafeteria.

"It's good so far, but the amount of bodies turning up is alarming," I said, trying to get a reaction from them, I felt a tap on my side from Chucky as a warning. I gulped as the three of them to look at each other. "Sorry," I said both to Chucky and the group.

"We can talk about that at your house after school," Jake said.

"Oh...Um...Ok...So...Uh" I stuttered, I felt a sharp tap this time harder than the last. "Ow," I said. I covered my mouth and widened my eyes knowing I screwed up. I quickly composed myself before saying "sorry bit my cheek."

"How did you get the bruise? It wasn't there earlier" Lexy asked.

"I ran into the wall" I said, I could see that they didn't believe me but dropped it anyway. We entered the cafeteria and went to a table and we all sat down, I placed Chucky next to me

Then another white male came over, he looked to be around 5'4'' with brown hair and brown eyes. "Hey Lexy," he said and sat next to her.

"Maya this is Junior, Junior this is Maya'' Lexy said, introducing me to the new person to join the table.

"He looks like the doll Jake gave to your sister Lexy," Junior said. I saw Chucky perk up a little at that. I guess that answered that question about why Lexy reacted the way that she did.

"Yeah, he does. Why did you move to Hackensack in the first place?" Lexy asked, hoping that we didn't pick up on the fact that she also had a good guy doll that she got from Jake.

I allowed the subject to drop about her good guy doll. "My father got relocated because of work" I answered, and they nodded. I took a bite of my sandwich and the conversation was over as we all started eating. I took out my phone to shoot a message to my family group chat. It just read that I was bringing three friends home after school and that we would be walking home.

Once I finished my lunch I got up and said "It was nice meeting you guys but Chucky and I should head to our next class. I'll meet you guys out front." I then grabbed Chucky, my bag and left the cafeteria. I went to my next class which was art.

The bell rang and I placed Chucky in the seat next to me since we were at a round table with chairs every six inches. I brought the chair closer to mine. "Okay class today you can free draw," the teacher said. So, I took out my sketchbook, put the date on the top left corner of the page, and blindly drew a picture. After 40 minutes I finished the drawing and when I looked down and there I saw Junior with Chucky standing over Lexy's body, with what looked to be a mirrored Frankenstein movie on the screen behind them. I closed the book hoping that no one saw the drawing.

I then took out my phone and searched up Jake Perry middle school to try and find out his story with Chucky. I learned that his name is Jake Wheeler and that he was in a talent show with Chucky, and that same night I saw that his father was electrocuted. I clicked the video to watch, having the volume off with closed captions on to see what was being said. Their Chucky definitely had Chucky's humour so I knew that it was Chucky doing the act and not Jake, which made me think that Chucky killed Jake's father. But the one thing I don't understand is why Jake betrayed Chucky, especially after Chucky did something to help him, as by the sounds of it his father was abusive. As there was a bruise on Jake when his father died, and the fact that he was an alcoholic. Then there was the GoFundMe page that Lexy set up, it made me wonder how they are now friends, especially after her Halloween stunt. Then the bell rang signalling the end of class, so I put my phone in my pocket.

I got up, grabbed Chucky and my bag then went to my final class of the day, gym. I placed Chucky on the bleachers and gave him a look, basically telling him to stay put. I couldn't really focus as I was thinking about the group and their Chucky and how they all came together. By the time class was over I was mentally exhausted but I went and got changed out of my gym clothes and then went back out and picked Chucky up and went to my locker. Once I reached my locker I placed Chucky and my bag on the floor to put my coat on, I picked my bag up and put it on, grabbed Chucky, and left the building.