17

I woke up around 5:30 so I got up and got my clothes for the day, I got a black shirt and black jeans, I realised that I forgot my concealer to cover the cuts and bruises as I don't want anyone to question it. I went back to my room and Chucky was up, he flashed me a smile. "Ready for today Maya?" Chucky asked.

"Nope. I also have no idea how to explain my hair. Jake is already suspicious of us and what about Kyle?" I asked, allowing my annoyance to show through.

"Maya" Chucky said, I put my hands up in surrender. "Just say that you wanted to try something new. Don't worry about Kyle just remember that she doesn't know that you know just play innocent and for Jake, at the funeral be there for Junior and pay little attention to him" Chucky said.

"Okay," I said, grabbed my concealer and went to the bathroom to cover the scabs and bruise. I just put it on the cuts and bruise as I wasn't in the mood to do my make-up over my whole face. I went back to my room so I could get Chucky, "ready for breakfast Chucky?" I asked.

"Let's go," Chucky said and went into doll mode so I picked him up and went upstairs. As I turned the corner to go into the kitchen, Leah and Sam both gasped at my new hair.

"Maya, what happened to your hair?" Leah asked.

"I decided that I wanted something new so I gave myself a cut," I said as I sat down and placed Chucky in his chair.

"It looks good but you should've waited to get it done professionally," Sam said.

"It's not the first time I did this, I was just feeling the need for change so I decided to cut it," I said then I started eating, effectively stopping the conversation from going farther. When I was done I put my plate in the sink and went downstairs to brush my teeth, after I was done I headed back upstairs grabbed Chucky and put my boots on. When Leah joined me it was 6:10 so we left and went to school. As she was driving I asked "so you'll pick me up at 7:55 to go to Juniors for the funeral as I do need to be there for 8? I do plan to stay late."

"That's fine, just message when you're ready to come home," Leah said as we pulled up to the school. I got out, positioned Chucky and went to the first period.

As I walked into my first class no one was there besides Kyle "I like the haircut Maya" Kyle said.

"Thanks," I said as I sat in my seat, she came over to my desk.

"How was the rest of your weekend?" Kyle asked.

"It was good, I spent some time with friends, got my hair done, a little of this, a little of that," I said.

"How's Chucky?" Kyle asked getting to the real reason she came over.

"He's good," I said.

"Interesting choice of pronouns," Kyle said.

"Well he is called a good guy doll," I said, emphasising the good guy. Then Lexy came over, I flashed her a grateful smile. "Hey Lexy," I said.

"Hey Maya nice hair," Lexy said as she sat down. Kyle left and went to the front of the room.

"Thanks, Lexy. I should let you know that at Bree's funeral I am going to be there for Junior, so if I don't talk to anyone else don't be alarmed" I said.

"I didn't know that you two were close," Lexy said.

"Yeah, I was there when she jumped, I comforted him as I also recently lost a parent so we grew close. He is also in my second period history class. But he doesn't know about everything that's going on in my life as it's not something that you can just come out and say" I said.

"Jake, Devon, and I thought that Lakeshore killed her," Lexy said, confused.

"No, I saw her jump, her back was turned so she didn't see me and before I could try to stop her she was gone," I said, making my voice break and sadness come through.

"Oh, I'm so sorry that happened and you had to see that Maya. I'll let the boys know that Lakeshore didn't do this one and that she actually did jump" Lexy said. I gave her a smile.

The bell rang so we dropped the conversation to pay attention to Kyle, I placed Chucky on the floor so I could work on the desk. I worked quietly writing what I needed to until the bell finally rang signalling the end of class. I bent down to pick Chucky up but my neck moved weird causing a sharp pain to go through my body. "Fucking pain" I hissed under my breath glaring at Chucky. I could feel amusement coming off Chucky. I shook my head "sometimes I hate you" I said as I left the room but before I could leave I heard Kyle.

"Maya stay," Kyle said, I stopped and turned around to look at her. After everyone left she closed the door to have some privacy. "Who do you hate?" Kyle asked. Oh fuck now I'm in trouble.

"Chucky, his batteries died so I need to replace them" I lied, I could tell that she didn't believe me but there was nothing to prove that I lied.

"Well if you ever need help with anything and I mean anything please call me," Kyle said, passing me her number.

"What's with everyone giving me their numbers?" I asked, annoyed with everyone trying to help me with Chucky.

"Who else gave you their number?" Kyle asked.

"My therapist Dr. Norris," I said leaving out her first name hoping that Kyle won't figure out that it is Andy's mother. "How is Andy doing?" I asked. Not wanting Kyle to ask all the questions.

"He's good, his stitches are being taken out later today," Kyle said when my phone buzzed so I checked it. It was Leah 'I'm here, I already signed you out for the day, I'm parked in front just come on out when you're ready' so I sent a quick ok.

"I have to go to my friend's mother's funeral which is starting soon and we wouldn't like to be late," I said.

"Well I'll let you go, see you tomorrow Maya," Kyle said.

"See you," I said as I left the room, I went outside and got in the car, placed Chucky on the seat and buckled him in after he was buckled in I then buckled myself in and Leah drove off.

It was silent during the drive until we pulled up to Junior's house. "Just message when you're ready to be picked up," Leah said as I unbuckled myself and Chucky.

"I will," I said as I got out and Leah drove off.