15

I woke up at 11 to Chucky poking my ribs to wake me up. "Jesus Chucky I'm up," I said as I lay there not wanting to get up. After 10 minutes I sat up and stretched.

"What time are you going to Junior's?" Chucky asked.

"Leaving around 1:45," I said, "I don't know how long I'll be there though." I got off the bed and grabbed a plain pink shirt and blue jeans before heading to the bathroom to get changed for the day. I brushed my hair before going back to my room to let Chucky know that I was going upstairs. "I'm heading up, wanna come?" I asked as I entered the bedroom.

"Nah, I'm gonna go out for a couple of hours so leave the window open for when I get back," Chucky said, he got off the bed and left. I went upstairs for some food, all I got was a bowl of cereal. Sam was at work until 4 so there was only me and Leah in the house.

After I cleaned the bowl I went to the living room and sat on the couch with Leah. "Good morning Leah," I said after getting comfortable on the couch.

"Good morning Maya. What time would you like to leave to go to your friend's house?" Leah asked.

"Around 1:45" I answered, "I don't know how long I plan to stay over though."

"That's okay just shoot a message when you're ready to be picked up," Leah said then the phone started ringing so Leah got up and answered it. "Hello," Leah said, then there was a pause, "really?" Another pause, "okay, thank you I'll let her know" then she hung up. "Your mother woke up this morning and is ready for visitors," Leah said, I smiled.

"Can we go?" I asked.

"Of course, we'll leave in 10 minutes, that should give you plenty of time to get ready while I pack some food," Leah said, so I got up and went downstairs. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face before going to my bedroom and grabbing Terry. I went upstairs to finish getting ready, as I put my boots on Leah came over and put her boots on and we left the house.

As we drove to the hospital all I could think about was the afternoon I'm gonna spend with Junior. Of course, I was excited to see mom but my thoughts were of Junior, Chucky and Charles. We pulled into the hospital so I grabbed Terry and got out, once Leah got out we went inside to mom's room. Leah motioned that she'll wait outside so I went in. Mom was still hooked up to a bunch of machines, but this time she was sitting up with the help of the bed so I smiled and went over to sit in the chair that was beside her bed. I felt tears fall down my cheek as I held her hand. "Hey mom, glad to see you awake," I said.

"Hey, sweetie. I'm so sorry about your father" mom said, tears falling down her cheeks as she looked at me.

"I'm just glad that you're okay. I was scared that you wouldn't make it" I said, wiping my tears.

"Darling you never have to worry about me, I'll always be with you even after I am gone," mom said. I sniffled and gave her a kiss. "How's school going? How about those kids you brought over? What are they like?" Mom asked, changing the subject.

"School's going good, one of my teachers was also in the car accident so we've had a substitute until he can come back. Those three are good, but I don't know if we're going to be friends for long. But there is another friend that you haven't met, his name is Junior, he lost his mother a few days ago so we've been each other's rock as we both know what the other is going through. We've been hanging out for a while, even before his mother died. He's super nice and someone that I see becoming a really good long-term friend" I said. Mom smiled "and maybe when you're feeling better I can bring him over to meet you" I said with a small smile.

"I would love that munchkin" mom said as she yawned.

"I'll let you get some sleep now, I'm going over to Junior's to spend some time together before the funeral tomorrow. I'll come back when I can, I promise. I love you and can't wait for you to get better" I said.

"I love you too Maya, never forget that," mom said, I got up and gave her a kiss, left the room and I went to find Leah.

She was in the same waiting room as before but this time instead of leaving we went to the cafeteria to eat some lunch before going to Juniors. As we sat in the cafeteria we ate our lunch in silence "how was that?" Leah asked, breaking the silence.

"It was good, there were tears as we talked about dad but that's to be expected. They've been together for eighteen years. They were high school sweethearts, got married at seventeen and had me at eighteen" I said.

"Oh my, I didn't know that they were together for so long. How sad that must be" Leah said.

"Yeah he was only 33 years old," I said, sadly. I looked at the time and saw that it was 1:30 already.

"We should probably get going now if you want to be there for 2," Leah said as she stood up, I stood up grabbed Terry and we left the hospital. Thankfully we didn't run into Andy or Kyle this time. We got in the car, I buckled myself and Terry up and Leah drove off.

"Hey Leah, can you put Chucky in my room?" I asked.

"Yeah sure, I'll just put him on your bed," Leah said.

"Thank you," I said, "but there is one thing I want you to do that's a little weird, I want you to knock before entering my room please" she nodded and then it was quiet. It took us 20 minutes to get to Junior's as we hit all the red lights on the way but we pulled up and I got out. "Could you pick me up at 5 if I don't message when I am ready?" I asked through the window, she nodded so I backed away and waved as she drove away. I went and knocked on the door. Logan opened the door, he stumbled outside and got in his car and drove off. "Fucking asshole," I said as I entered the house. I heard laughter so I looked towards the sound and there stood Junior.

I closed the door and went towards him "hey Maya, where's Chucky?" Junior asked.

"Hey Junior, I left him home. Is Jake here?" I asked.

"No, he left about 20 minutes ago. Were you hoping he would be here?" Junior asked, annoyed, as we went to the living room to sit down and talk, we both sat on the couch next to each other.

"No, honestly I'm glad that he's not here. Everyone around him dies, his parents, your nanny, your mom and Devon's mom" I said.

"You're right," Junior said, starting to get angry.

"Now it may all be a coincidence but I don't want to be next," I said.

"Yeah it may be, before he came along we were happy," Junior said.

"I'm sorry Junior," I said and gave him a hug and he started crying. He sat up pretty fast when he heard the door opening and he looked embarrassed. I gave him a soft smile "it's okay" I said lightly. Then Jake walked in.

"Hey Maya, Junior. So Maya where's Chucky?" Jake asked.

"Hey," Junior said, coldly.

"Hey Jake, I left him home," I said before turning back to Junior "wanna go for a walk?" I asked. He nodded so we got up and left, I gave Jake a smile and a wink as we passed him. I heard him gulp and he looked scared. Oops.

"Junior, I don't think you should go out with her," Jake said.

"She's been nothing but nice to me Jake, I trust her more than I trust you" Junior snapped and stormed outside.

"Jake, I thought we were cool? We have the same enemy. I'm trying to keep Junior out of this because it's nice to have a normal friend outside of what we are doing. What do I have to do to get you to trust me?" I asked, feigning hurt.

"I'm sorry Maya. You're right we are cool" Jake said.

I flashed him a smile. "Cool, I do have two lives, one where I hunt down a murderous doll and another where I try to be normal and I keep the two separate. I'll see you tomorrow Jake. But I am going to give you a fair warning that I am going there for Junior, so if I don't talk to you guys it's because I am protecting him" I said and left.