24

"I'll be back in a few minutes," she said and left, I sat at the chair with Chucky on the table while we waited. We didn't talk as there were cameras filming our every move.

After 5 minutes the female officer came in with a male partner and sat down across from me. I turned Chucky around to face them so he could see what I saw. "Hello Maya, I'm detective Brandy and my partner detective Alan," Brandy said.

"Hello," I said, politely.

"We are going to ask you some questions and I want you to answer them honestly okay?" Brandy asked, and I nodded, "what happened to your face?"

"A form of body modification, I did it to myself," I said.

"What were your relations to Sam and Leah Push?" Brandy asked.

"I've been with them for five days as they were my foster parents as my father died and my mother is in the hospital due to the four-car pile-up," I said.

"Do you have anywhere to stay while your mother is in the hospital?" Alan asked.

"Yes, a friend offered to take me in," I said, "they'll be coming to pick me up and you can meet them."

"What did you do today?" Brandy asked.

"I woke up in the hospital as I accidentally cut too deep, I was released around 3. I visited my mother for 30 minutes and then went to the Frankenstein movie. Two of my friends died. I came straight home, said hi to Leah and told her I was going down to sleep as I was exhausted then you found me" I said.

"Okay, that's all the questions, for now, if we have any more we'll contact you," Brandy said and stood up. I also stood up and shook both of their hands and picked up Chucky.

"I want to wish you luck in finding the killer and serving justice," I said with a sad smile.

Alan exited first then Brandy and then myself. There stood Junior and Tiffany. "You must be the friend that is taking her in," Brandy said.

"Yes, I am actually going to be fostering both of them after I put in the paperwork," Tiffany said.

"I'm sorry but you sound really familiar," Alan said.

"I'm a world-class poker player and actress," Tiffany said.

"That's where I saw you. I love bound may I have an autograph?" Alan asked.

"Of course just get me a pen and paper," Tiffany said with a smile. Alan left and went to get it while we waited, he arrived a few seconds later with a pen and paper. Tiffany took it and signed it before passing it back "here you go. Have a good day" she said and smiled.

"Well good luck to you," Brandy said and we left. We got in her car, Junior sat up front while Chucky and I sat in the back.

"Let's go to the government office," Chucky said and Tiffany started driving. "That was quite a show Maya," Chucky said.

"Thanks, Chucky," I said. "What were you guys doing while we were at the house?" I asked.

"Not much, I made some Swedish meatballs and Junior was on his phone," Tiffany said.

"Are they finished?" I asked.

"Yes you can have some when we get home," Tiffany said.

"Yum. Junior, her Swedish meatballs are the best thing I have ever eaten in my life" I said.

"Thanks, sweetface," Tiffany said and we pulled into the office building. The three of us got out of the car, I was carrying Chucky and we went inside.

"Hello, what can I do for you?" The receptionist asked.