chapt 25 • Welcome Home

I tried to pack as slowly as I possibly could but Grandma decided to send a car early to get on an earlier flight

I was now in the car on the way back to the beachfront my father owned. Trying my hardest to somehow make the driver go as slow as possible.

So far I've made him stop at an ice cream parlor, he said no to the mall because my father wanted us there as soon as possible. So I made a mental note to go to the mall whenever I wanted to get away from them to shop for new bikinis for the hot weather and the large pool in the back of the house.

The car finally came to a stop, the place was nicer than I imagined. There was a white fountain in the front of the luxurious house, a white balcony, and underneath was the entrance, brown doors with a see-through glass and decorated with windows showcasing the many rooms in the house.

The driver opened the door, my bags already on the side of the sleek black car. My father exited from the large brown doors, in a blue suit and a matching tie.

I haven't seen him in months and I don't know what to do, so I just grab my bag as he approaches me.

He thanks the driver and sends him off, just to turn to me. "Celeste and your Grandmother are both inside waiting for us with lunch"

"You don't have to tell me how much you missed me, it's written all over your face" I grab another small bag and take it inside but he stops me.

"Please Honey, be nice to her" Is all he says and I roll my eyes because he's unbelievable.

I didn't respond and left him to stand outside, I placed my bags down by the door as he brought in the rest. Both sides had long and white staircases going up and the second you entered you could see the entrance of the kitchen and the doors of a huge pool in the back.

"I'll take these, just go and say hello" Father grabbed my bags and took them upstairs, leaving me to walk into the kitchen.

Grandma and Celeste's laughter could be heard down the hall. My eyes first sat on her.

She looked nothing like my mother, which was the first thing I noticed.

Mother's jet black hair was different from her mixture of brown and blonde, her eyes were green like forest grass and her skin was lighter, almost reaching a pale shade.

She finally looked up while laughing at whatever Grandma was saying, the first time I've ever heard my Grandmother laugh.

"You must be Honey! it feels really good to meet you" She stood up quickly and fixed her summer skirt.