If you had autism

A/N I'm doing my personal experience since I have High functioning Autism)

Status: None

Gender: NO

Trigger warning: None

Willy Wonka

Your father had bought you some headphones to block out the noises around the factor and had the nanny make sure that when guest come over your aware incase you don't want to be around them, you struggle with your emotions and sometimes get frustrated easily which results with you listening to music more often. 

The nanny has also allowed you to help her cook so you can know what you guys are having for dinner unless you want to have something else then she'll help you cook it, your really quiet sometimes which results with your father checking in on you more often, going as far as to drop a tour of the factory to see if your okay. 

When it comes to school he didn't switch your classes but instead hired someone to help you with your work in class for your smart it just takes a while to be able to process some of the work or understand some of the work problems, he also paid the teachers to let you stay inside if you ask them. 

Jack Skellington

He likes to have you by his side more often so he can check on you more since you struggle to form some sentences, if he's in a town hall meeting he'll make you wait outside with the doctor so the loud noises from the microphone doesn't upset you since he's aware with how sensitive you are with certain noises. 

Sally helps you clean your room once in a while and also plays music incase she needs to move a heavy object to clean something behind/under, Sally is always patient with you for she knows it can sometimes be hard for you to speak full sentences which can frustrate you a lot (I stutter a lot so it's a pain speaking out loud) 

When it comes to making friends Jack is always near by to watch over you incase something happens but soon he finds that you only participate in short conversations with the other kids then immediately run back to him ready to go home. 

Emily and Victor 

They know you may have some struggles with being social at times for it can be stressful for your mind so you usually spend most of your time with just your parents, they got you certain toys in hopes of helping you stay calm but later on they come to accept and love that you don't need to be social to be creative or to bond with them. 

They've come to learn that you can hear lots of noise which can make you feel overwhelmed and struggle to think of what to do, they first discovered this was when one of the zombies and Victor were trying to carry the piano but once they dropped it you immediately covered your ears and cried from the unexpected loud noise. 

You also talk a lot with Emily for you adore chatting with her about what color you've seen or what noise you heard about but the one thing you enjoy the most is playing with clay that Emily would bring for you for you'd be able to understand the texture your feeling, what color it is and what you can make out of it, most of the time it helps the two understand what emotions your feeling. 

Beetlejuice 

When he found out you had Autism he tried to find out what spectrum you had but after a while he didn't care since he's gonna learn along the way anyway, after a few days he tried to read you like a book, he's noticed that you enjoy being in public places, being in certain sized crowds and when your very excited you'll wave both of your hands.

After a while he'd come to understand on how to help you so over the days he'd bring you out of the house more often so you can experience more noises and see more exciting new things, but the one thing you learned to love was to play with certain  fidget toys.

Sweeney Todd

He never understood the whole thing but the one thing he did notice was how hard it was for you to notice peoples emotions, one time when he was very mad that Ms Lovett burned a pie and the smell got into his place you tried to hug him which caused him to yell in response but once his anger was out you had a confused expression on your face.

Even when you got hurt you didn't show much expression you just glanced up at your father and gestured to the wound, it made him almost believe you had no emotions until his mind went back to what the doctor has said before, after days and night of studying he finally understood that emotions can be something you struggle to understand.

People can be either overly emotional or barely even express emotions and for you, you struggled to understand and process emotions, after that day he doodled some cards that had pictures of happy, sad, angry, disgust etc and each day he would walk you through on which card to point to on what emotion you think him or yourself is feeling. 

Now whenever Sweeney is angry, he'll notice you pointing at the picture that had an angry face then to him.

Edward ScissorHands 

He grew to accept that you're a bit of a chatter box, he'll make sure that when he's gardening your close by, so you won't startle him by speaking out of nowhere, he also picked up that you have a bit of a stutter on certain words which always makes him feel happy cause it makes it feel as if your words have much more emotions.

The biggest struggle though is getting you to speak in a public area, it always stressed you out when so many people are around so if he needs to go shopping he'll have to explain that he'll be back as soon as he's done shopping. 

When he finally returns he realizes how quiet it is which frightens him a bit, he sets the stuff down and wonders around trying to find you, when he came across your bedroom he notices you on your bed rocking back and forth while reading a book, he let out a sigh of relief and let's you know he returned which resulted with you talking about what book your reading. 

(Dude I discovered I had autism was when my mom told me in a red robins, she said it so casually that I was shocked)