xxiv.

GUILIA'S POV

My heart hammers in my chest as I straighten my back out, pursing my lips as I stick my toothbrush into the little holder right next to Nicolas'. He's staring at me through the mirror, half dressed and looking absolutely spectacular with a plain white T-shirt tucked into some dress pants.

I hate it.

I hate how this feels so domestic when it shouldn't. The man staring at me through the mirror is anything but domestic. Me standing here in my pink silk pajamas? Domestic. But Nicolas? Absolutely not. He's probably got at least 2 guns on him, along with a handful of other weapons.

"What are your plans today?" he asks me casually. It's been one week since my breakdown, and although nothing has changed between us, everything has. We sleep in the same bed, he asks me about my day as if he doesn't know what I'm doing all day, and he comes home in time to have dinner with me, before we end up watching a movie in bed.

We try to talk, but it's hard because his entire life is the mafia, and even though it's my life too, I don't really care much about anything in relation to it. I spend my days down at the stables with the horses, and even though I can't ride, I love to be with them.

"I'll probably feed the horses today," I remark, just like I always do. It's weirdly routine, but I'm being cautious around him. I've done my fair share of snooping around the home, but it seems like everything must be locked away somewhere, because I've found just about nothing.

Nicolas narrows his eyes at me through the mirror, making me pause. I watch as his arms flex as he puts on his belt, admiring the tattoos on his tanned skin. My eyes flicker back to meet his through the mirror, but it's obvious by the smirk on his face that he's caught me staring at his body.

I force myself to hold back from rolling my eyes, but I also can't help the slight heat of my cheeks because even when I'm annoyed of Nicolas, I know that he sets my entire body on fire. The tingles are felt from my toes to my chest, and everywhere in between.

"Why don't you get ready, and you can come with me today instead?" Nicolas suggests, but I can tell that it's more of a statement rather than a question.

My eyebrows perk up in surprise, slightly taken back, although I'm more than happy to accompany Nicolas today. He must have things to do, and there's no better way to get under his skin than to see exactly what's he's up to, right?

"Hm, okay. But I'll have to take a shower first," I turn around and face him, my eyes flickering past him to the large shower encased in glass. It's my way of telling him to get out of the bathroom, but I don't think he takes the hint.

"No worries. I've got time," he retorts as he glances at the watch on his wrist. I clench my jaw, nearly grinding my teeth together at the annoyance. Nicolas likes to get under my skin just as much as I like to get under his, and he knows very well that I'm not getting butt ass naked in front of him again.

Not after what happened, or didn't happen, last time.

"Privacy please," I cross my arms across my chest, causing the pink satin shirt on me to ride up, which shows off my bare stomach. Nicolas' gaze is immediately on my skin, and I purse my lips to keep myself from reacting.

The sexual tension is absolutely insane.

I feel it when he's gone, when he's around, and especially when we're in the bed together. Yet, neither of us has even touched the other.

I blame Nicolas. Who the hell tells someone they love them, and then proceeds to not even touch them? The most was when he removed my stitches three days ago. It was pure agony. His breath was against my neck, and I had to shut my eyes to distract myself from the pain, but even more so from his touch on my skin.