chapter thirteen • i'm gonna tell her

don't forget to vote and comment!! i love you <3

August Matthews
Friday, October 1st

"Congrats on the win, man! You're gonna go to Bethany's party or do you wanna chill at yours." I clap Trent on the back as we exit the stadium after our homecoming game, where we crushed Devonshire Academy.

Trent had to stay back to talk to the coaches about the different offers he has from universities but I'm his ride so I was stuck waiting outside the player's tunnel until his little meeting was over. When I got there Stas was already leaning against the wall, probably waiting on Aubrey and her boyfriend.

We made conversation for a few minutes before a messy hair and swollen lips Aubrey reappeared and waved goodbye. Oh and I asked her to go to homecoming with me.

Why would I do that?

Because I'm stupid and need to realize that she doesn't like me like that. She even followed up my question with her own one asking if we were going as friends. Way to shoot a man's ego down.

At least I'm still going to homecoming with her, even if it's as friends.

"I need to save my energy for the after-parties tomorrow, if you know what I mean. So let's go to mine for tonight." He gives my shoulder a little nudge as we stroll up to the back of my car so he can toss his football bag in there.

"Are the Patriots still the dream?" I pop open my front door as he does the same with the passenger side door before dropping down into the seat.

"Always been the dream, always will be the dream."

"You're gonna do it, dude, I can see it, T-bone Anderson, the best NFL player nationwide."

"You're so corny Matthews, gonna go sit up in the WAG's box for me with that attitude." he retorts plugging his phone into the aux cord as I reverse out of the parking lot.

The drive over to his house is pretty silent talking wise but the car is far from it with his Drake playlist blasting through my car's speakers. The gates to Trent's house give way and I pull into the wrap-around driveway, turning off the ignition and locking it.