chapter eighteen • give us a chance

CHECK OUT THE SITTER!

a smutty short story that's already complete!!! on my profile. muah 😍

don't forget to vote and comment!! i love you<3

August Matthews
Sunday, October 31st

I barely got a second of sleep the rest of the night, every time I was about to fall under again I would hear those words,

"I'm gonna give us a chance."

She's gonna give us a chance. She's gonna give us a chance.

She stirs a little in my arms, burrowing her head further unto my chest and pushing her leg further though mine. I pretend to be asleep as she opens her eyes and tries to escape out of my grasp but I tighten my grip on her and pull her closer into my chest.

"August." She whispers against me. I don't respond, just pulling her even closer to me, "August I know you're awake, sleeping people don't have a death grip."

Getting a little chuckle from me, I slightly release my grip before opening my eyes and looking down at her, her hair is wild around her face, and her cheeks are flushed bright red. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

"Are you just gonna keep staring at me?" She asks me quizzically, knocking me out of my trance and into another one where I'm looking into those gray eyes.

"Uh-huh." I respond, not breaking my gaze away.

She squirms in my arms, cheeks getting even more red, "well stop it, it's creepy, I don't stare at you like that."

"You sure you don't? Don't think I've never caught you staring at me." I chuckle, bumping her nose before releasing her from my grasp entirely so I can shower.

"What even happened last night, my head is pounding." She gets up from the bed behind me, going over towards the mirror that's on my wall.

"You were completely wasted, fist-bumping around Caroline's kitchen, I had to carry you out of there." Does she not remember what she said? "Do you remember anything from last night?" I rub the back of my neck to relieve some of the tension.