chapter twenty three • 11pm basketball

don't forget to vote and comment!! i love you <3

Anastasiya Greyson
Saturday, November 27th

It's the weekend after Thanksgiving, and I'm sitting on August's bed, running my fingers through his hair while I read and he scrolls on his phone.

Thanksgiving. Is my least favorite holiday, especially when it's with my father. It's the one time of year when I see my half siblings, the children my father actually cares about.

My 39-year-old brother Dominic Greyson II, heir to my fathers company and a complete copy of him and my 36-year-old sister Cassia Greyson, the most stuck up and boring person you will ever meet.

And don't get me started on their kids. All of them are under the age of ten, have only ever been cared for by shitty nannies that don't monitor their behavior and are the loudest and most obnoxious children you have ever met.

But Thanksgiving wasn't even about family for my father, it's about throwing a party and showing off how much better of a person he is by the kind gesture of throwing a Thanksgiving party at his house.

The entire party was horrific, I ran out halfway through with my school backpack, some new books I bought and a bag with enough clothes for a week to two before I booked it, on foot, to my boyfriends house where his mom opened the door and after I told her what happened at the party she ushered me upstairs so his drunk father wouldn't see me and tell my dad.

Mrs. Matthews is a real one. She reminds me of my mother a lot, very loving and would do anything to keep her kids happy and out of danger.

"Babe?" He asks, turning his head to face me and knocking my thoughts out of my head.

"Yeah?" I return, faking that my focus was on what I'm reading and not on my horrible Thursday evening..

"Are you gonna come to my games? The basketball season starts soon and I want you in the stands, in my jersey." He asks hopefully and nervously.

"What days are the games? I have tennis matches on Sunday's."

"You play tennis?"

"You're only looking at a two time national champion. Plus Aubrey convinced me to try out for the team with her." Aubrey convinced me to try out because She knows how bad I felt after I had to turn down the D1 offers and thought it would help lift my spirits a little to play for one last season.