chapter seventeen • death of me

(these are the costumes btw but with stassie's blond hair and black wings)don't forget to vote and comment!! i love you<3

don't forget to vote and comment!! i love you<3

(these are the costumes btw but with stassie's blond hair and black wings)don't forget to vote and comment!! i love you<3

August Matthews
Saturday, October 30th

From Aubrey: Don't forget to eat before i get there

Disregarding her text I scroll back up through our conversation and I let out a huff of disappointment.

It's been day after day since that conversation on the rooftop and I still haven't heard anything from her. Was it stupid to have hope?

Of course, Aubrey knows what went down on both homecoming night and the night on the rooftop and texts me updates about her because she knows about how worried I am. Apparently, she has barely left her house in the last week, and a half, not even to come to school because of something that went down during her stepmom's birthday. That's all Aubrey was able to get out of her but she says that she'll get her out for Halloween.

That girl has something planned for Halloween that she's hoping would make it better between us, but considering her last attempt was the rooftop and I knew how well that went I wasn't super sure.

Well tonights the night that I can see if her plan works or not, she's coming over in about half an hour to give me my costume and do my makeup for Caroline Daniel's party tonight. There's another huge party tomorrow but since tomorrow's actually halloween I have to take Gracie trick or treating in my snowman costume to match her Doc McStuffins one.

A knock on my door pull me out of my thought and I open it to reveal a tiny redhead with a big bag full of clothes and a box with makeup in it,

"Your fairy godmother is here!" She beams, walking past me and over towards my desk at the other end of the room. Setting down the box full of makeup she drapes the bag full of clothes over my bed and points to it, "go change. I'll set up this stuff."

I give her a nod and grab the bag and walk over to my bathroom before closing the door behind me. As I unpack I take a look at the clothes. I pull out a black long sleeve shirt and jeans first followed by what I assume makes it a costume, a silky black hooded robe with red on the inside.