[09] Hope on the Street and My Soon-To-Be Rival, Sort Of

A/N

hello. it's that time of the month. the time i update

so if any of you are wondering, what the hell is going on? why is this just about dumplings and universities and not really about yoongi and byul? it will get exiting in the next chapters i promise. i just have to establish some things first, and these are one of the few.

i don't want to promise anything, because experience says that i do have trouble keeping up with the once–per–week updates like i used to, but all i'm saying is, i'm finally getting my life together and adapting to everything and is now probably able to update faster. probably. but of course if i didn't, the usual last–wednesday–of–the–month updates are still going to be up.

anyways, i hope you enjoy this chapter.

—w.

▬▬▬ ❧ ▬▬▬

Hope on the Street and My Soon–To–Be Rival, Sort Of

september 2010

My stomach growled very loudly and the guy beside me whipped his head faster than that spinning teacup on Disney Land. I ignored him. Of course I did. I can't give out any indications that it's my stomach and not someone else's, or that he heard the growling correctly. I have to pretend that I didn't hear anything so that he thinks he's hallucinating and that growling is not real.

My stomach decided to not be cooperative that day and growled once more.

I heard a chuckle, and of course I had to ignore that too.

The campus opened up to a wide field of grass, with many students hanging around the trees or the available chairs and tables. The university wasn't too big, and the cafeteria wasn't that far. It's just that since we have two buildings; the new one and the old one, and my classes are mostly in the old building, I have to pass this river of grass to get food.

I'm not necessarily complaining. It's rather nice to pass some nature from time to time. It's just that when you're extremely hungry and trying to hide the fact that you're extremely hungry, the walk feels like an eternity.

"Yoongi!"

My head snapped to the direction of the voice. Yongsun was waving her hand frantically in my direction, smiling like a complete idiot and looking overly excited. Saving her from embarrassment, I headed towards her. She seems to be with her friends, or at least I assumed they were her friends.

Ever since that dumpling stall incident, the four of us, funnily enough, have been growing closer. Most of it is due to Hoseok and Yongsun greeting all of us at every possible moment. Like right now. She has no business calling me from the other end of the field just to say hi.

I also have no business going towards her. I could just wave back and leave her, since my stomach is obviously angry at me. But I'm nice like that.

Yongsun's hands were still up by the time I arrived, and I gave her a high five. She giggled. "What are you up to?"

"I'm hungry," I answered. "You?"

She's obviously hanging out, but there's nothing wrong with small talk, is there?

"These are my mentees." She gestured towards the rest of the kids, who waved rather happily at me. They seemed pretty friendly at first glance. One of them was smiling a lot. He reminds me of Hoseok.