8. waffles and pancakes

tuesday

as you walked to the living room, you could feel your eyes already starting to get heavy. you just wanted this day to be over with already.

i should have just taken the stupid drink.
you pinched the bridge of your nose in frustration. it definitely would have helped you sleep your problems away by now.

"(y/n)! you're out. ready to sleep?" kyran asked; his eyes never looked away from yours, he only waited for any sort of reply. he just wanted to make sure you still functioned. you nodded, making your way to the group and pick your sleeping spot.

"here (y/n), you'll be sleeping on the air mattress, we just need to get the blankets from our room." funneh rubbed her neck sheepishly with the occasional side-eyes from gold, suggesting that she forgot to get extra blankets for everyone to sleep with just like she was told to do. you made your way to the mattress and rolled around to find your comfort spot. as much as you wanted to stay awake and talk for a little longer, your eyes couldn't control the weight being lifted on them. and so you drifted off into a deep,
comfortable,
slumber.
today was a long day

wednesday

your eyes beamed open from the nightmare you experienced. your vision appeared to be pitch black, yet you could hear sounds of police sirens.

on a more comforting topic, you listened to melody of the birds that woke you up as if they were your alarm clock, almost helping you forget about your gloomy thoughts.
unfortunately for you, the sun decided to be a dick and set your eyes on fire. they burned as if they were open throughout the night, not once blinking. when they adjusted to the light, you scanned the room, even though you were still half asleep. you let out a yawn and looked around for anyone that might have been awake. you suddenly got pulled into a tight embrace as a familiar scent engulfed your nose. you looked down at your waist and spotted two arms holding you quite fondly. you turned to your side and realized that evan was the culprit.

"evan?" you whisper yelled, but got not response. you swiftly, but carefully, attempted to wiggle out of your position, all while trying to keep him asleep and not disturb him. you could smell his cologne; he really did smell so nice. you had the sudden urge to just dig your nose into his shirt and get any trace of it on your own clothes. after struggling, you were finally able to escape and let out a large breath of air you didn't realize you were holding in the entire time.

"oh, you're up." you slightly jumped as you looked up, rubbing your eyes since your vision was still adjusting; it was kyran . you gave him an awkward wave, pursing your lips.

since when did he get here? he held his hand out to help you up, which you took.

"you wanna help me cook? i'm making everyone breakfast before gold decides to beat me to it." he made an icky face, making you laugh. "leave her cooking alone!" he smiled back and began walking towards the kitchen.

you grabbed a chair. it appeared to have a few loose screws and a little wobbly but you just shrugged it off.
what could possibly happen?

you aligned it to the counter so you could start looking for the pancake mix or any sort of breakfast foods you could spot. your eyes landed at the very back of the cabinet, where there stood a box of pancake mix. " there you are !" you whispered to yourself as you tiptoed on the unstable chair. just as you were about to reach it, however, the chair chose it's time to wobble, making you lose your balance.

"shit!" you yelled as your legs finally gave in and slipped. while you waited for the impact, you ended up landing on something rather squishy.

"y/n , y/n , y/n. you are such a clutz." kyran had previously attempted to grab hold of you before you fell but ended up being a little late, so instead, you fell on top of him. you elbowed him out of embarrassment.