16. "we could hold hands until we're dead, and all we'll be is friends."

"shit." you muttered under your breath.
"hi mom, dad." you went to give them a large embrace, hoping they hadn't heard your cursing.

"i thought you guys were gonna be gone for a while. why back so soon?" you awkwardly stepped away. you weren't sure how your parents would react to the fact that two boys were alone with you in your room without their knowledge.

but they were your parents after all, meaning your act was failing miserably, but this meant you had to think of an excuse, and fast. "alright (y/n), cut the act. what did you do?" your mom asked, sternly. you swore you could feel sweat dropping from your forehead from how nervous you were.

"aw, relax. (y/n) is just curious." your dad, having a completely opposite reaction from your mom, tried to defend you.
little do you know..

they both looked over at you, as you simply nodded.

"mm, okay." she hummed. you could feel your shoulders loosen up a bit.

"anyways, your mother was just afraid of the trouble you might have caused so we decided to come back to check on you." your dad replied, walking to the couch to relax.

"no. we came back because you wouldn't stop being a worry wart." your mom remarked, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. she kept darting from room to room, trying to spot anything that may have looked suspicious or out of place.

before your dad could argue, you ran back upstairs to your room. slowly, you creaked your door open; only to find the room empty.
"did they leave?" you whispered to yourself, hoping to get a reply back. you noticed your window open, as the curtains waved back at you, all while the wind blew past them. "no way they-"

just before you could reply, someone had pushed you a little too aggressively towards the window. you yelped, only to have your mouth covered.

"shh, it's just me." you turned around to find alec staring down at you. you pushed him angrily.

"what is your deal! i could have fell! or what if my parents heard."

"(y/n), hon. is everything okay?" you could hear your dad running up the stairs, and your moms slow footsteps behind him.

"quick! hide!" you shoved alec towards your closet, slamming it behind you a little too loudly with
your back towards it.

soon after, your parents came in.

"sorry. i saw a roach."

your mom was skeptical but just rolled her eyes and left, clearly not amused nor surprised.

"well, did you kill it?" your dad asked, almost seemingly afraid.

"yes. yes i did."

and with that reply, he left your room, satisfied with your answer.

once you were sure they were completely gone, you opened the door to let alec out.

he fell to the floor, dramatically gasping for air.

"relax, imagine how i might have felt!" you lightly kicked him.

"i was literally suffocating in there, your clothes stink."

you gave him the middle finger before walking back to your bed, crossing your arms in the process.

"where's ky anyways?" you turned back to face him.

"huh, you're right. kyran?"

"right.. here" you heard a breathless voice coming from the direction of your window. you and alec looked at each other before realizing that he was holding on for his dear life.