20. confrontations

because of my intoxicated mind, the scene didn't linger for long in my head. i made sure to cover Funneh's body with a blanket before heading out the door to drink some more. this was only the beginning for me; i needed more.

on my way down the stairs, i bumped into no one other than Gold. "oh, hey (y/n). have you seen Funneh anywhere? i'm a little worried about leaving her alone."

"oh yeah she's just in my room, no need to sweat. come, come. let's get some drinks." i grabbed her hand, gently dragging her back to the liquor.

"don't you think you've had enough?" she asked with worry in her eyes.

"it's never enough."

"hey! you guys!"

we turned our heads towards a group of guys all seemingly the same age as us.

"yeah?" asked Gold, clinging to my hand tighter.

"try this with us." it was a joint.

"haha, no thank you." she answered, attempting to get away from them.

one of the guys forcefully pulled me away from Gold, causing me to wince in pain. "ow! what the fuck is your problem? she said no. we said no." i pulled my arm back, analyzing my hand.

"c'mon it would just be one. then we'll leave you alone for the whole night. we'll even leave!"

i thought about it for a moment. i didn't want to cause any trouble and it would be even better if they left right after so they wouldn't harass any body else.

"alright, give me this." i took it and brought it up to my mouth, looking up at Gold before bringing it close to my mouth.

"don't do it (y/n), it's fine! just let them be."

as soon as i put the tip in my mouth, the lights shut off making me drop it in fear.

"what the-" the alcohol in my system wasn't mixing well with the darkness of the room, i would have stumbled on the ground if i had panicked, yet i stood like a mannequin.

"Gold? where are you?" i found it harder to breath as the screams of people were getting louder in my ears.

"i'm right here." she grabbed my hand and the lights finally turned on.

the whole party seemed to be shaken up and confused. but since they were all drunk or high, it didn't seem to affect them for long, and to our surprise, the guys were gone as if they were never here to begin with. it oddly reminded me of the situation with Evan a while back, i shrugged it off - still holding Gold's hand and walking to the liquor.

i was left all alone once more when Kyran dragged Gold to dance, which i didn't mind. it was about time he made some moves on his lover. my moment of peace ended when Evan came back from dancing.

"(y/n), i'm so sorry. i really didn't wanna leave you alone, are you okay?" he spoke.

i nodded. "yeah yeah no worries. shot?"

he shook his head. "no, and none for you either. i'm sure you've been drinking all night, you should stop before it gets bad."

"i'll be fine silly, here just take one more with me, kay?"

i swallowed it, not even flinching a bit as it had lost its flavor, evan made a face.

"how's the party?" he asked, setting his cup down.

"it's fun - mostly, i haven't done much but drink."

"we'll then let's change that, shall we?" he stuck out his hand, asking me to take it, and i did.