12. lust or love ?

sunday

    sunday morning. you absolutely dread it. you lazily laid in your bed, staying glued to your phone. this consisted of either scrolling through tiktok or checking your messages every couple of seconds to see if anyone had made plans with you. it was 9 am, and as hard as you tried to go back to sleep, you just couldn't.

      finally deciding to put your phone down, you got up and ready for yet again another day.

you did your usual routine, consisting of a long, hot shower, brushing your teeth, applying your usual makeup and looking for a cute outfit to wear. since it was a little hot out, you went for something more skin revealing.

you decided on some short shorts and a black, spaghetti strapped crop top. for accessories, you wore a cross necklace and hoop earrings as well as your favorite pair of shoes.

((a/n) outfit only plays a very minor part in the story)

you looked in the mirror , admiring your pretty face and outfit.

"breakfast is ready, babes!" my mom called from downstairs like a high school girl while i touched up my face with some highlight.

"what are we having?" i asked, my hand on the railing as i walked down the last couple steps.

she looked over at me as she raised her eyebrow. "what's got you looking so pretty today?" she asked, ignoring my question and placing a fork on my plate, finally handing it to me.

i placed it on the table, taking a seat. i took my first bite of food. "noffing." i simply stated, mouth full of the egg she had made. she gave me a suspicious look before she shrugged.

"well, i'll be out of town for a bit, okay? just for the love of god, behave. " she asserted, crossing her arms.

i huffed, taking a sip of my orange juice. "you say that as if i already don't."

she chuckled, grabbing her purse and keys, as she hugged me, saying our last "goodbye" or "i love you".

once i finished, i placed my plate in the sink, deciding that i wanted to wash it later. i started heading for the door, wanting to take a walk to see if i could find anything to do. sundays are always boring but i wanted to at least make the most of it before going back to school.

as i opened the door, i came face to face with my favorite red haired boy. "alec?" i said, questioning why he was here.

"(y/n)!" he exclaimed enthusiastically. "i wanted to see if you wanted to take a short walk around town with me." he smiled warmly, making my brain go crazy. i simply nodded, not being able to get any words out, still admiring his pretty face. i slowly locked my door and walked side by side with him, hands behind my back.

"so, what brought you to my house so suddenly?" i asked, proud that i was able to get a few words out. he wore his signature black jacket, a black beanie and his hoodie over it. and let's not forget his huge, red skull candy headphones placed around his neck. he smelled good too, as per usual.

he paused before answering. "well, i know how much you hate sundays for being soo lame," he mocked. "so i figured you'd want some company." he chuckled, patting my head and messing up my hair. i shooed his hands away and fixed my (h/c) locks, attempting to get rid of the fly always he had just created.

"i guess that makes sense." i replied. "so where will our first stop be?" i continued, checking my mailbox to see if my mom had forgotten to on her way out. i mean, i'm already here. there were a few envelopes containing bills, store coupons and other things you'd typically come across. one in particular caught my eye though. it was addressed to me.
i raised my eyebrows in suspicion.
the envelope was a pretty cream color, with a pink heart in the middle to seal it.