21. the truth

pitch.
black.
darkness.

i could feel the uncomfortable fabric tied around
my head. the more i swayed my body on the chair, the more familiar the scent of the blindfold was to me.

i attempted to move my arms around, then my legs but to no avail. i was trapped. as expected.

"hello?" i called out, hoping for any kind of response i could get. i didn't want to make too much commotion in case it was someone who had the capability of hurting me. my voice was weak and croaky. who knows how long i've been knocked out for.

for the first time in my life, i was truly, completely, alone. i had no one by my side. not alec.
not funneh.
not evan.
no one.

i sat calmly in silence. if the person truly wanted to hurt me they would have done so already. right ?

after what felt like hours, footsteps emerged from the stairs. i assumed i was in some sort of basement. kind of typical but whatever.

"you're awake."

it took me a few minutes to reply. the voice rung in my head. it wasn't what i expected at all. it was high pitched, a woman.

"funneh?"

"hey, you recognized my voice by two simple words. good job."

"i'm confused. this isn't funny. like, at all." my voice cracked.

"aw, don't be afraid." i felt her kneel down to my level, her soft hands resting on my thighs. despite being unable to see, i could feel her gaze resting upon my face.
"i promsie i won't hurt you. i never have, and never will. you should know that." she got back up and put her fingers on my chin, assumingely to admire my features. she tilted my face to get each and every angle of my face.

"you really are very pretty." her voice was calm, and under any other circumstance, i might have melted to her gestures.

i couldn't utter a single word back to her. how could i?

"(y/n)?"

i stayed quiet.

"okay then. i'll come back when you're ready to talk, kay?" she kissed my cheek and walked back up the stairs.

i sat in silence with my only my thoughts left to keep me company.
what am i gonna do?

alec

it's been days since we've seen (y/n). and i was really, really starting to get worried. though she does disappear from time to time she always makes sure to let me know.

as i approached her house, i noticed a figure outside her door. however, their hair didn't quite match (y/n)'s so i was curious as to who it was.

"funneh?"

she seemed startled, jumping at the sound of her name coming out of my mouth.

"alec! hi. what's up?" she was extremely awkward. more than usual i mean. her face was flushed red and her hands kept warm in her pockets. she wore a fully black hoodie and dark pants. it was a little odd at first but we all have our lazy days.

"hey. you're coming out of (n/n)'s house yea? is she okay? i haven't heard from her at all."

"oh yeah! no she's fine. she just needed personal space because of a few feminine issues, haha." her laughter was odd, and very obviously faked. my suspicions on her continued to grow but i acted as if i suspected nothing.