17. love and war

you sat silently on the way to the hospital in funneh's car. the ride consisted of just you, her and, of course, gold. the two of them would try start conversation in attempt to relieve some of the tension in the car, but they would constantly receive one-to-two worded responses from you. in the end, they decided to leave you alone with your thoughts. you on the other hand, kept replaying the scene over and over again in your head as if it were happening again in real time. you could still feel your heart pacing as it did back home, and your entire body felt as cold as a corpse that has been decaying for days. your eyes showed no emotion as to what you were thinking, and nor did your body language. your friends were beginning to get worried, but urged to stay quiet as you were almost there anyways. they hoped you'd return back to yourself once you got to see your friend.

"uh- we're here." funneh snapped you out of your daze. every step of the way felt heavy; all of a sudden your body ached and you could feel your chest getting heavier with every breath. but you continued forward without a say- you just needed to see him.

"we're here to see alec, the boy who just got sho-" gold nudged funneh in the shoulder before she could continue. she was smart enough to avoid any words that could lead you to another panic attack, however, it didn't quite matter as you seemed to tune out every sound around you.

"oh, yes; he's in room 205." the girls nodded; gold held your hand the entire way, from the elevator, up until the room.

the two decided to stay outside and give the two of you some time alone, they assumed it's what you needed most as of right now.

"alec?" you peered your head into the room to make sure it was okay for you to come in. you noticed alec laying on the bed with his eyes closed. you hated the sight, but at the same time you were just relieved that it wasn't anything more severe than it already was.

you gently closed the door behind you and walked over to him as fast as you could, taking a seat next to him. "you idiot." you grabbed his hand, staring at his once pale face now back to its original shade. the beautiful fair skin you adored touching felt warm against your own hand, and his soft pink lips were now chapped and almost lifeless. though others may say that he didn't look too well, you only perceived him as the perfect being he always was. you never really got the chance to look at him for so long. and for someone who had just gotten shot, you hated the fact that you still looked at him as if he were a piece of candy, but god did it feel good.

your train of thought was soon broken when alec spoke, causing you to almost leap out of your seat and onto the floor. "(y/n)?"

you quickly wiped the tears from your eyes, but it was no use as more seemed to come out from the sound of his voice. "you're okay." you croaked. it was all you could muster up at the moment. your tears of sorrow were replaced with bliss, and a small smile escaped from your lips.

he attempted to get up, but his wound was still new, making him flinch.

"you get your rest, stupid boy. and talk to me." you wanted your ears to be filled with his pretty voice. as scratchy as it sounded, you didn't mind it even if it made your own throat itchy.

he smiled at you, and would have laughed at your cheesiness if it wasn't for the damn gunshot hurting with each movement he made. "well.." he spoke, "i had a dream about you."

you looked at him dumbfounded, you really wanted to hear about it, but you weren't sure if he was being serious, or just messing with you. "shut up."

"alec! dude, are you okay?"

"i said leave them alone!"

"yeah! you're ruining the moment kyran"