13. stalker

monday

it was the day of the devil. monday! and who didn't love 'em.
absolutely everybody.
you groaned as you heard your alarm yelling at you to wake you up. you were having a pretty little dream about cops surrounding your house.
moving on from that bizarre thought, you reached your hand out, your face still stuffed in your pillow. you slapped your phone repeatedly in attempt to press the 'stop' button and making your alarm shut up - i mean off.

turning over on your back, and your eyes still closed, random thoughts began popping into your head, such as: when will it be winter? is alec awake yet?should i skip school today and pretend to be sick?
you rubbed your eyes as they began to slowly open and adjust to the light.

"hey." a voice called, only a few centimeters away from your face. you squealed, aggressively pushing the figure to the side all while rolling off the bed; consequently falling on your ass. the figure peered from above peeking over to see you, only his eyes and hair being visible.

"evan?!" you whisper-yelled, trying not wake your parents up, but it was too late. evan on the other hand couldn't stop laughing, pointing at you and chanting gibberish you couldn't make out; mostly because you were still half asleep.

"(y/n)! baby, are you okay?" your dad slammed the door open, holding what looked like a baseball bat that was ready to strike its first ball. evans face went completely pale, as he stopped laughing immediately. he slowly turned his head back, scared of what he might encounter even though he kind of already knew.

you jumped up from the floor, frantically waving your arms in the air. "dad! no it's okay!" your fathers face relaxed as he let out a large exhale, thankful that you were alright. that breath of relief didn't last though, as his eyebrows furrowed the more he thought about the situation. there was a boy. on your bed. and you were on the floor.

"i'm so sorry sir! i just came in to.." evans voice became quieter, trying to think of an excuse, yet nothing came out of his mouth.

"he came to bring me feminine products!" you squealed, rapidly finishing his sentence. i mean the more time you took to think, the more suspicious he'd get. what choice did you have!

your dad sighed, rubbing his temples; he didn't know whether to believe you or not.

you continued in attempt to make you lie more believable. "i already put them away, which is why he doesn't have them with him right now. and! i saw a big roach and yelled. sorry for waking you up." you nervously smiled, fidgeting your thumbs and hoping he'd just leave already.

your father on the other hand was way too tired to put up with whatever might have went on. shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head, he simply closed the door, not uttering another word.

you and evan let out a large breath of air that you've been holding in due to the anxiety. you looked over at him. even though your dad was gone and he didn't have to worry about getting beat up by him, he still had a chance that you would give him a bloody nose instead.

"look look look!" he yelped. "all i wanted was to scare you! not cause.. that!"

you looked at him unamused with your arms crossed. he was not helping his situation at all.
"how did you even get in?!" you questioned, baffled at how he managed to break in without you noticing.

"well, you know i can't answer that. i won't be able to sneak in anymore." he replied, innocently. even if he just admitted that he'd be doing this more than once.

you continued to give him an irritated look, before punching him in the arm. he would never admit it, but it hurt!

he rubbed his arm in pain, fake sobbing.