19. you will be my girl?

quick a/n
will be changing pov from third person (you) to first person (i) hope this doesn't ruin the story for any of you :)

thursday

i inhaled a large breath of air as the cold water splashed against my face. too lazy to take a shower, i simply scrubbed parts of my skin with a bar of soap and dried my face with a clean towel from one of the drawers.

as i stepped out of the bathroom i heard a faint ringing in my ears; in all honesty, i hoped it was just in my head. i didn't feel like communicating with anyone whether it was through text or in person.
however, the guilt ate me up and so i roughly threw my body onto my bed. the fragrance from yesterday remained, and the sweet smell of strawberries filled my nose. as well as a suspicious hint of cologne.

as i slumped on my bed, i looked over at my phone,
'i heard about what happened to alec, is everything okay?'

reading the text was unbearable. i was already in a pissy mood, and the audacity of evan's words just made it worse.

'yeah'
the fact that evan simply didn't care enough to have shown up, call someone, or at least send a text was unbelievable to me. it made me think about how little he cared about anyone other than himself. nonetheless, my heart always felt all fluttery with every time i think of our past.

'i know you're upset (n/n) and i'm sorry. i had band practice. things have been hectic for me too.'

sometimes i have the thought that evan is behind all of this. i mean, who else could it really be? our circle of friends is everyone we've ever known, so it has to be someone amongst us?
but no. he's our friend. we're all friends. why is that even a thought- he would never do anything like that.

i opened his message and left my phone messily spread on my bed- not before asking funneh for a ride to pick alec up and finally take him home.

as soon as i got dressed i ran down to the kitchen to prepare the promised meal.

hearing a knock on my door, my head spun to look in the direction of the faint thudding sound. funneh couldn't have been here early, that's not like her. now i feel bad for ever doubting her and taking so long to prepare the soup.

except when i opened the door, my eyes met with a different shade of blue.

"oh, evan. what's going on?" i stepped aside to let him in.

"don't act like you didn't leave me on opened."
he stood at the doorway, raising his phone up to my face, which made my eyes go cross eyed.

my lips curved into a weak, yet genuine smile. "mhm, what about it?" i turned my back to him, and started walking over the the pot of water i had placed on the stove to boil.

evan walked in shortly after, gently closing the door on his way in.
"so.. alec. he's fine. right?"

there was that stupid question again. i shot him a quick glare, deciding not to answer him again. dumping the noodles into the boiling water, i wondered how he got to my house so fast. was he nearby when he sent the text?

"hey evan?"

"hm?" he hummed. i glanced over at him, curious as to what he was doing. his eyes pierced into my own, sending an odd signal throughout my body. something about his stare was different this time. it frightened me and sent chills down my spine.

he continued looking at me until i spoke again, and even then his eyes lingered, observing my every move.

"uh, no nothing." i wasn't sure about this sudden feeling of uneasiness i felt around him, but somehow i knew that if i suspected him in any way, something not-so-good would happen.