14. a day off

monday

alec couldn't help but feel the intense knots forming in his stomach with every passing second. the only thought on his mind was the call that wouldn't stop replaying in his head with no sign of stopping. the tone in your voice worried him; he has never witnessed you be so afraid, so what on earth could have caused you to display such a worrisome resonance?

finally pulling up to your house, he pushed his bike to the side, all while jumping off. he ran through your lawn, knocked on your door, and waited for an answer while fidgeting with his hands.

you walked out, peeking through the window before hand to make sure it wasn't anyone you didn't recognize.

you slammed the door open to give him a tight embrace, relieved that alec was the one your eyes had met with. "well? tell me everything." he said, sternly. his eyes glistened with the reflection of the light, while he gave you a worried expression. he grabbed your hand, scanning you to make sure you weren't physically hurt.

you nodded, pulling him inside and locking the door; glancing back at it to make sure it was really closed.

after you explained everything, all alec could muster up was anger. he clenched his fists, thinking of the many things he'd do to the guy if he just knew who it was. but every note was anonymous. so how could he? he let out a deep breath.

there was an awkward silence filling the room. neither of you knew exactly what to say. everything happening was just too much for your teenage minds to process.

"listen," alec started, looking down at the ground and biting his lips in frustration. "we obviously can't leave you unattended. who knows what they'd do if they found out you were living in this house alone. so our only options are to either: a. i take care of you at your house or b. you take turns sleeping with your stupid little friends until your parents come back."

you thought for a moment. what made him think you couldn't take care of yourself? nonetheless, it would be nice to spend time him alone, as well as form bonds with the others. but you weren't even sure of how long this would take.

"i don't know alec, i don't want to annoy anyone with my presence in their house, you know? eating their food.. taking up space in their home.." you smiled sheepishly whilst rubbing your neck.

"you won't. i hate to admit to it, but they really like you." he pat your head in reassurance.

you slowly nodded, recalling all the times they've been there for you.

"you could think about it for as long as you'd like. but i'm staying with you until then. i'll just call my sister to let her know." alec made it very clear that he wouldn't leave you alone under any circumstances. why would he? he adored you, he didn't want anything to happen to you,
you were the only person he had left.

you sat in your bed in silence while alec went outside of your room to call his sister. looking out the window, you were left alone with your own thoughts. how could you not think right now? though it wasn't absolutely terrible, it was still creepy. stalker like, even. those pictures only proved that the person has been following you since day one. how were you supposed to live after knowing that?

alec came in shortly after. the sun has set completely now, and the street lights began to flicker on, which surrounded you with an eerie-like atmosphere.

"how are you feeling?" he asked, taking a seat next to you.

you weren't sure how to reply. how were you supposed to feel? you simply shrugged. "i'm not sure." even though you were still shaken up, it was as if your mind hasn't fully registered everything.