Part 8

"I'm Raymond Cook." He got up smiling at her confused look. She stood for a moment her eyes darting between Jackson and Raymond, still holding tightly onto Jackson's arm.

"Hi, Raymond. It's really nice to meet you, but I just want to have a quick word with your dad, okay? It won't take too long." she smiled sweetly at Raymond, immediately turning to Jackson.

"But..." Raymond started, trying to get the story straightened, but without listening to him, she pulled Jackson into the classroom. Raymond shrugged and sat back down next to Skye.

"Aren't you going to stop her?" he asked looking up at Raymond.

"She's never going to listen to me now." he sighed, smiling at Skye. "Now, why am I here?"

"Family day is coming up and our moms and dads have to be there." he started mumbling. "Jessica kept saying that I can't join because I don't have a mom." he kept looking down at the ground, a frown on his face.

"So you got into a fight with her?" Raymond prodded gently after Skye had gone quiet.

"I didn't fight with her." he defended himself.

"Okay. Well, I suppose I'll hear the rest when Jackson returns." he put his arm around Skye who was sitting, looking miserable. "Are you sad about your mom?"

He shook his head. "I've got you and granddad, grandpa Damon, and grandma and uncle Eric. You can all come to our family day, can't you?" he looked up uncertainly at Raymond.

"We will all be there, Squirt." he kissed the top of Skye's head. "But no more fighting, okay?"

Skye nodded his head, still frowning at the ground. At that moment the classroom door opened. The teacher still had her dreamy, happy smile while looking at Jackson, still holding onto his arm. 

"All done boys!" she exclaimed with a broad grin. "Mr. Dealer, it was so good to meet you. I really hope that you'll make time for family day." she winked at him, while Jackson extricated himself from her grip.

Once they were in the car, with Skye sitting between the two of them, Raymond turned to Jackson.

"And?"

"Apparently he called one of the girls a - well, a bad word and she ended up in tears. He's been suspended for a day."

"Skye! What could you have said that would let them suspend you?" he asked in shock. "And where are you going to stay tomorrow when I have to go to work? Your grandparents are all away for the rest of the week." When Skye didn't respond, Jackson leaned over and whispered in Raymond's ear.

Jackson's hot breath on his ear was incredibly distracting and sent chills down his spine at first, making it difficult for him to understand what he was saying.

"You called her a cocksucker?!" Raymond shouted once he actually heard what Jackson said. "I suppose grandpa Damon taught you that?"

"I can stay with uncle Eric." he piped up ignoring Raymond's outburst, his chin set.

"Uncle Eric wouldn't know what to do with you and you'd spend the whole day in front of the TV, eating junk food and making prank calls with him!" 

"Then I can go to work with you, papa. Please?" he begged with his big eyes.

"No, work is no place for you..." he started, trying to think of what to do. He couldn't take the day off, that would be impossible.

"That's okay." Jackson interrupted. "You can come to work with us tomorrow. I'm sure we can find an office for you to use." he messed up Skye's hair as he looked down at him with a smile.