Part 44

Skye refused to let go of Jackson as soon as they got to the apartment.

"Come on little buddy, it won't be that bad." He briefly looked down at the forlorn-looking boy.

As soon as the door opened up, Raymond let fly on Skye and what he'd done. Taking a step back, he pointed to the living room with a scowl on his face. Jackson and Skye walked in together, with Skye still refusing to let go of his hand.

"Thanks, Jackson. I don't know what would have happened if you weren't there." He smiled wanly, still not over the shock of discovering that Skye had been selling test answers for candy at school. "Why did you call Jackson?" He looked at Skye who was trying to make himself as small as possible behind Jackson.

"You were busy and I didn't want to bother granddad." He mumbled, not looking directly at his father, knowing that it was pointless to lie. His dad was going to sniff out every little detail and give him a punishment of a lifetime.

"If you're not going to tell me the truth, then you may as well go and take a bath and go to bed."

"I'm sorry for making you angry Papa." Skye crawled out from Jackson's arm to face Raymond.

"I'm not angry Skye, I'm only disappointed that you would use your gifts like this." He sighed and got up. "You're grounded for the rest of the month. No visits to your gran's or friends and definitely no TV and you will do all the chores in the house and be in bed by eight."

Skye started sniffing, rubbing his eyes, next to Jackson, who put his arm around him.

"Come on little one, it's not that bad. I'll still come and visit you, okay?" He said quietly, giving Skye a hug. 

"Thanks, Jackson. I don't know what I would have done if..." He shuddered thinking of what could have happened.

"Don't worry about it. Luckily  the little one knew who to call and on that front, I've sorted things out with the school."

"You seem to be taking to fatherhood quite well."

"Is there anything I can't do?" He grinned, putting his arm around Raymond, pulling him closer for a slow kiss.

"I'm starting to wonder myself." His mischievous smile was in place as he loosened a few of Jackson's buttons to glide his mouth over his already heated skin.

"You know, instead of making out, we can move to the bedroom..." he tried catching his breath from Raymond's sensual onslaught. 

"No sleeping over, remember?" He pushed at Jackson's chest, sitting up and straightening his clothes.

"It won't technically be sleeping over." He snaked his arm around Raymond's waist to keep him in place.

"Okay," he got up, turning to Jackson. "I'm technically kicking you out for the night. I still have things to do."

"What kind of things?" Jackson asked as he was pushed out of the door.

"Dad things." He smiled closing the door, before turning to check in on Skye.

He could tell from how restless he was, that he wasn't sleeping. Quietly entering the room, he turned on the nightlight and sat on the chair next to his bed.

"Papa loves you very much, you know that don't you?" he leaned closer to stroke a stray hair from Skye's brow. "Sometimes we are going to do things that might make us angry or upset or even disappoint us, but you must remember that no matter what, Papa will always love you."

"Can I get a hug?" He asked with a watery smile. Skye quickly threw back the covers before jumping into Raymond's lap, holding on tightly.

"I'm sorry Papa," He whispered with his arms around Raymond's neck.