Part 62

"Mr Karkaroff, you are making me a very unhappy man by meddling in my business. I'll give you one chance to think it over. I'll send you directions on where to find me." He cut the call on his way to see how Eric was doing.

"You've got everything in place, haven't you?" He was slightly worried at how chilled Eric was, joking with his buddies.

"We've done this a hundred times bro'. Only this time we hit them with a dart once you give the word. Not that hard you know?" He joked, rapping his knuckles against Raymond's head. "Come on Ray, when have we ever failed you? Look at how jacked the guys are."

"Okay, but no matter what happens, you can't interfere, even if they take me on. Promise?"

"Promise." He begrudgingly said, looking into his brother's eyes. He was determined to keep the family safe from the Inquisitor and if he should interfere, it would cause more problems. He could understand the logic, but that didn't make him worry any less.

"He'll be here soon to scout the area. You sure you won't be seen?"

"We don't have to be anywhere near the target to get to it. These aren't your regular drones, you know. Of course, we won't be seen butthead!" He rolled his eyes. "Now, piss off and get your bit started." He dismissed Raymond who took up his station in a dilapidated building, waiting patiently.

Not long after, he heard the wheels of cars crunching on the loose gravel on the road, and doors opening. Alexis and his men cautiously entered the room, quickly encircling them both, while Raymond reached his hand out to him.

"Mr Karkaroff, I'm honoured to make your acquaintance, especially after I've heard so much about you."

"Inquisitor." He inclined his head, briefly taking Raymond's hand. "Only exaggerated stories," he quipped. "Now you on the other hand, your word seems to be absolute law in the city. I wonder how one man could achieve this?"

"Before I tell you any of my secrets, I must admit that I'm somewhat disappointed that you had to bring your whole gang to talk to me."

"Well, you know what it's like, it's better to have a little insurance. But not you, you don't seem like the man who'd work with others. So tell me exactly why I'm here, Inquisitor?"

"I want you to leave. There is no place for you in my city."

"Why would I take orders from a man who won't even show his face? That's not the way I do business."

"You are in my part of the world, the way we do business is up to me. Now, I'll do you a favour, what do you say?" Raymond didn't back off. He was well aware of the men that surrounded him, each with a weapon in hand, ready to kill him.

"And what would that be?"

"If you stop what you're doing, I'll leave you and your men alive to head back home." He waited for the message to sink in. "But remember, then you'll owe me a favour."

"And why would I do that?" He laughed. "I don't think you understand the situation that you're in Inquisitor. I have this place surrounded. Even if you did bring anyone with you, they wouldn't be able to save you." He laughed with malice again.

"The men outside." This was the phrase he and Eric agreed upon to get the drones in the air and shoot darts like it's raining bird shit.

"Starting to get a little worried, Inquisitor?" He taunted.

"Not at all. I never worry." He looked straight into Alexis' eyes. "You however should be checking on what's happening outside." He watched as the man in front of him nodded to someone at the back of the room.