9 | A memory to be forgotten

"Na-yeon, apologize now. That's enough," Dae-su said calmly.

"And why should I?"

"He got that for saving us all, why can't you just say you're sorry?" He scoffed.

"Because I'm not sorry!"

'the audacity'

"I'm right. That grabbed him, he could be infected!" she continues.

"That's enough," even Ms. Park is clearly getting frustrated by this whole damn thing.

"Hey, can touching get you infected?" Cheong-san, defending his friend.

"I have no idea but what if I'm right?"

"And what if you're wrong? It already came out of your mouth, you don't know it either. Why can't you accept the fact that not everything goes the way you wanted it to be?" Jae-won's best friend, Si-Mi finally spoke up which the latter felt proud of. Not only she knew how bubbly her best friend can get but also, on how she would suppress her innermost feelings. Inhibited.

'i taught my daughter so well ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ '

"That's right. Roll your eyes, hopefully you find your pea-sized brain at the back!" with her shallow breath coming through her nose after seeing Na-yeon roll her eyes at Si-Mi.

"Guys, I held I-sak's hand when she turned right? How come nothing's happening to me now?" On-jo declared.

"Because he has an open cut, 'cause of the zombie's touch on him his wound could get infected. Why don't you think for yourselves?!" she was indignant.

"You know...it's not Gyeong-su that's a threat here. It's your self-opinionated, egocentric behavior now. It's getting disgustingly scary," she spat with a grimace.

"And now I'm the only one that's coming out as a bad person, huh?"

"What–" she was cut off by Na-yeon with its teeth gritted and both hands on turning into a fist as if her nails could dig in her skin.

"You're a psycho," this made Jae-won told herself she had to keep it cool as this is what Na-yeon wants. To make her mad and flip one's wig that she'd regret just like what she did earlier in the science lab just to prove that Jae-won is the bad one.

"If I am, what do you call yourself then?" the corner of her lips tugged upwards showing an innocent face that made Na-yeon's nostrils flared as the heat reached to her head, face turning red.

'oh, she mad-mad. Guess I shouldn't have done that, now she will fume more. Seriously, I'm not intimidated, more like irritated'

"Come on. If he didn't help fought with that thing we'd be dead by now," Su-hyeok asserts.

"And he might be the reason we're getting ourselves killed."

"You've gone stark raving mad. You're driving me nuts."

"Now you're the one that's killing me."

Wu-jin and Jae-won disproved in unison.

'I'm so done I wanna yeet myself'

"Okay, how about we do this...uh, Gyeong-su, get in the recording room for a while. I don't want you to think we don't trust you, but this is better than people thinking you're gonna be one of those," Ms. Park propose leaning forwards with her left arm rests on her left hip.

"But nobody else thinks of that. Only her," he protested directing at her.

While Ms. Park persuades him to just do as she said, wanting to stop the conflict arising.