25 | Good morning, Love

Su-hyeok's POV

"She hasn't woken up yet?" Gyeong-su asks. I didn't expect her to be still asleep, I thought she would be awake sitting in that room but no. They must've thought the same as me.

"That's a good thing, though," Nam-ra mumbles earning everyone's attention, well.... except Jae-won, "We don't have to tell her what happened. I don't want to tell her, guys, just keep it to yourselves."

They nodded while I kept my eyes on the girl sleeping on my lap while still having my attention around us. No answer was heard after that and maybe they understood.

My body tensed a little when I felt the girl shifting uncomfortably on me and she's sweating a lot...and also....sniffling?

I tried calming her by rubbing my hand on her back and caressing her hair a few times but to no avail. I don't know why but I panicked a little and it didn't helped because it felt like my tensed state only worsen Jae-won's condition. I eyed Nam-ra for help yet she's looking on the ground, spacing out. It is as if she felt eyes on her, she perked up.

"What?" I didn't utter a word and only motioned my hand on Jae-won in a comforting manner which made her get the clue.

She stood to my side to have a view of her cousin's face as she gently wiped the sweat with tears... I guess, with her palms, "She doesn't open her eyes even my palms got in contact with her face."

"Wait, why does it look like you are a married couple and that you are taking care of your daughter, Jae-won?" Dae-su stated and now all eyes on us. Great.

I heard Gyeong-su and Wu-jin snicker so I gave them a look and if they don't stop I'll do my flying kick on them. Dae-su receive from the two who was just snickering seconds ago a slap in both arms, "What nonsense are you talking about?"

"You just agreed with me, now you're hurting me?" He then points at us, "Look at them."

Nam-ra and I turned to face each other at the same time when we realized what position we're in. Jae-won sleeping on my lap, head on my chest. And Nam-ra on a crouching position to check on her, hands on her cheeks, because of this, our face were just a few inch away from each other and we didn't even noticed it as we were focused on Jae-won whom I don't know what is happening.

Nam-ra then stood upright away from me. The the unpleasant nature the atmosphere screams most clearly in the silence, which is making me hope this ground would open and swallow me instead.

Jae-won's POV

The feeling of heaviness throughout my body is back. Fighting the desire to shut my eyes again and succumb to the temptation of sleepiness. Mind fogged up, the only thing I can recall was, how the happenings from earlier left me exhausted before it took my consciousness away. And now that I grew aware of my surroundings, the first thing I know was the exhaustion came back.

I am on a seated position with my cheek resting on something warm and I somewhat feel... Relaxed. Slowly, I pushed my upper body up against where I am being supported on and a girl standing not so far came in the view.

"You're awake," a thick croaky voice began close to my ear. When I turned to the source of it, I swallowed my breath and stopped moving to prevent any more skinship between us. My hand rested on his shoulders to support my self and try to maintain a distance from him. I wanted to push myself off but I'm feeling jelly... I don't know, maybe because of my condition or is it because of this guy's penetrating stare right through my dark iris ones. They say the eyes are the windows to the soul, so basically, his gaze directs to my soul. Yeah, that's how it feels.

He beams dearingly, unbothered, though, his oculus never failed to show concern, "Good morning, it was nice seeing you again, Love."

"What's good in the morning?" well, what else should I do? That's the best response I can keep up with. I'm internally screaming now, I want to yeet myself out. Help.

Wait. Is it morning?

Somebody cleared her throat and it was the one whom I am eager to see, "Rara," I gasped. I jogged towards her despite the fizzy, tingling feeling on my legs and being lightheaded. My arms clasped around her small waist on its own to bring her closer to mine, squeezing her. She gladly accepted it with an embrace. A cozy one.

"Bare-su, didn't you just see her few minutes ago while she was asleep? What do you mean nice seeing her again?" Dae-su burbled to Su-hyeok with the intent to keep their conversation only for themselves. How unlucky of them, I'm in a distance from them yet seems like Dae-su has a naturally loud, big voice although lowered.

"Why do you care? It wasn't the Jae-won I wanted to see just like before she even fainted. I fancy the look of her eyes, and I got the chance to see it when she was looking directly to mine," he had the same low tone as the big guy but it is till audible for me, "Though... It wasn't the same starry orbs I see everyday."