17 | Hope is Dead

"Now that we found where Cheong-san is, let's go look somewhere else," Ji-min suggests,

"You wanted to check outside and ask for help?"

"Just like what we planned just now," Gyeong-su tells and everyone agreed but didn't forget to ask if it was fine with On-jo and so, the drone wandered outside the school.

"Wow, it's totally zombieland out there," Dae-su expressed,

When the drone was out the school grounds, the surroundings looks absolutely awful from the destruction that the hint of hope inside that they could ask for help is slowly fading away. Vehicles spotted on the driveway, some were on the pavements, it looked like accidents had happened in the driveway since the automobiles were producing white smoke through the air. The region looked dead, only snarls and growls were the only sound that's keeping the place seem alive. The students can't hear it through the camera of the drone but they knew.

"Wait a minute."

"What is it Ji-min?"

"Just a second...." the student sobbed when she spotted something familiar that the camera detected.

"What is it? What's wrong?" they started feeling concerned of her,

"This... That's my dad's car," she whimpers

"The white one or the black?"

"The truck."

"Ji-min, for sure there are lots of cars like that," Ms. Park approached the crying girl and rubbed her back in a comforting manner.

"Hang on. I'll check," Joon-yeong controls it to get near the truck but when he did, it is confirmed by Ji-min who started wailing even more.

No.

Some hugged the girl who saw her parents, still moving but are now not on their human state, technically dead. The drone ran out of battery and the plan on asking for help with it was a fail as there was no one can be seen out there to help them, not even a single soul.

All of them are now resting but they are mentally and emotionally restless; what possibly could happen later on? What are their families' condition? Are they still alive or are they already one of those monsters? But monsters or not...they are still their family and friends that they used to love and always will.

On-jo and Hyo-ryeong are sitting on both sides of Ji-min who's spacing out thinking about her dead parents when she removed On-jo's hands on hers as she stood up walking towards the window soundlessly but On-jo was watching her every move.

"Ji-min!" that alarmed each one of them in the room when On-jo yelled as they ran towards the girl who climbed the windowsill.

"Let go! Let go of me!"

"I want to die! Leave me alone!" She screams but she's only one and there are multiple pairs of hands are holding her tight.

"Don't be like this."

"Ji-min, Ji-min you don't want this, don't make decisions you'll regret. I'm sure your parents doesn't like what you're doing too!" Ms. Park panicked.

"Ji-min come on."

"I don't want to live!"

"No that's not true you do know that," they tried convincing her but she kept flailing even she was brought down on the floor away from the window.

"Mom and dad died. What am I supposed to do alone?" her tears continues to gush out of her red puffy eyes as she sobs.

"Don't die Ji-min. I don't want my friends to keep dying."