34 | Add Fuel to the Fire

Her surroundings went blurry, being the shorter one between them needed for her to look up at him, full attention on the guy's neck. Because of her heightened sense of smell, she gained access to Su-hyeok's beautiful scent that was gushing within him.

Leaning in slowly as the smell fuel the desire for her to do more than this, luring her in. Provoking the alarm of the setting fire building up, urging her to do something unforgivable due to this weird sensations caused by the virus wanting to be in control of her system.

Su-hyeok's sudden touch on her cheeks as his finger lined her jawline woke her up. A realization hit her hard when she felt the intense hungriness, obviously, they all feel the same, though. It is just that having this virus in her system is dangerous enough not just for her but also for the people around her whom she doesn't wanna harm.

By the thought of her almost doing it and if only not because of his touch pulling her out of her rumination, it would've turned out differently making her stomach churn in disgust.

She pushed herself off of Su-hyeok, forcing him to let go of her waist.

"Is something wrong?"

"It– it shouldn't be like this," she expelled a shuddering breath, taking steps backwards.

"I– I didn't mean to rush you," he stuttered, scared, thinking he made her upset. He stepped closer as he tries to have her hand back in his, only for Jaewon to slap it away, "I apologize, I promise I won't do it again. It's really disrespectful for me to kiss you without consent—"

"No! It's not it, Su-hyeok," tears welled up her eyes as it slowly starts fogging up her sight. "Please.... stay away from me."

"Why would I— I can't do that," feeling his heart clench as he swallowed a big lump in his throat, warm, salty liquid wanting to escape his eyes after he heard her say the last sentence, "Are you afraid? Don't worry, I understand.... This is why I'm here for you, I will protect you I promise," he said softly in one breath.

"No... You should be afraid of me. For yourself and....and for others!" As to Su-hyeok's uncertainty, his brows furrowed as Jaewon quickly took this opportunity before he could even utter a word, "Don't protect me. But rather, protect yourself from me."

"Believe me, you're not like them," he attempts to take small single step towards her and calm her down, and when he got her by her upper arms, she panicked.

"Let me go, Su-hyeok."

Tears started to flow down her cheeks as beads of sweat dripped off her body and their skin lingered in the afterglow. She flail, pulling herself away from him as he keep her still in his hold, Jaewon's hands on his both arms to remove his embrace from her figure.

Meanwhile...
On-jo's POV

"What does SOS mean?" Dae-su asked out of nowhere, dusting his hands off.

"It's a distress signal," I told him.

"I know that. But what does it stand for?"

"It doesn't stand for anything. SOS is just SOS," I firmly asserted, don't this guy trust me?

"That makes no sense," he remarked.

"That's just how it is. It doesn't mean anything," I claimed.

"Then rescue quickly...." Dae-su mumbles, suddenly turning deaf, not minding what I said, "Speed of save... Save?"

"Why'd you ask if you're not gonna believe me?" I queried.

"I thought you'd know."

"I do know. Look it up, you'll see I'm right," I insisted to prove him wrong.