Prologue

Remnant was not the original name of the world a hundred thousand years ago. Planet Earth is the true name of a planet that once supported human races living in the modern era. The world's 195 nations have international trade, communications, and alliances all over the place. It was a lovely world, but not everything was flawless. Throughout the years, there has been corruption in every government, rising tensions, xenophobia spreading among people who have seen each other through their eyes rather than as equals, and widespread fear that World War III will occur one day. Tensions have risen this year as Russia, transforming into a new Soviet Union, has decided to invade Europe to establish its dominion, beginning with Ukraine and then China, which has embraced Maoism. The newly elected Chinese leader annexed Hong Kong immediately and then attempted to invade Taiwan for forceful integration. When the Ukrainian President continued to fight for his country and his land against Russian aggression, he appealed to other countries for assistance. Fortunately, they accepted his assistance. They gathered forces, particularly NATO, to enter the war, leading Russia to believe they were on their way to help Ukraine and declare war on Western countries. China continues to invade Taiwan in order to force its integration into the continent, only to be repulsed by the Taiwanese and their allies. Meanwhile, North Korea has the largest military army, outnumbering South Korea's. North Korea decides to invade Taiwan now because China is about to do so. They crossed the DMZ, breaking the Korean Armistice Agreement treaty. As a result, the UN declared an emergency to counter North Korean threats as they advanced on South Korea's capital city. After the United States withdrew from the Middle East, Afghanistan is now ruled by the Taliban. Taliban forces launched attacks on neighboring countries.

This led to what is known as World War 3.

War broke out as every country in the world was fighting each other. Both sides' soldiers were killed on the battlefield. The war brought destruction to cities and towns. North Korea, Russia, and Afghanistan have all committed war crimes against civilians (some of whom are resistance fighters) and military personnel. Then something shocking occurred that no one will ever forget. When South Korea and its allies pushed North Korean forces to march toward the capital, the North Korean leader made a desperate move. He launched nuclear missiles at every country. Surprisingly, North Korea, as well as Russia and China, attempted to do the same. The exchange of nuclear warheads with other countries causes mass radiation to destroy everything on Earth. This has also caused natural disasters to erupt all over the world, and all of the continents are being destroyed by their own faults.

This event was known as the Great Catastrophe.

There are no more nations left on the apocalyptic wasteland planet.

Except for North and South Americans...

The continents of North and South America were miraculously spared from war and natural disaster. However, the war destroyed their cities, and they are the only survivors. This resulted in diplomatic relations between the two continents.

Furthermore, people from Europe, Asia, Africa, and even Russia (the Russians opposed their own nation's starting of the war and defected to the Allies) have established refugee settlements because they are the only ones who live up to their former homes' birthright.

To survive, the leaders of both continents must maintain positive relationships with one another.

In the United States, following the devastation of World War III and the Great Catastrophe, the president succumbed to a heart attack, allowing the elites to seize control of the executive order and turn it into an oligarchy. In order to rebuild the country, the federal government declared martial law. Americans dislike the idea, but after what happened to the rest of the world, they all agree that reconstruction will be necessary, just as it is in other countries.