Chapter 5

Republic of Menagerie

A boat arrived in the hour as the sunset went down, getting a little bit dark. Sienna and Ilia come down from a ship to see the destruction that Atlas caused. Ilia clenched her fists of what Atlas has done to this place.

Ilia: Atlas bastards.

They see people are doing some medical treatment on injured and crippled faunus civilians. The UFMC and MSDF soldiers are patrolling the area while few are picking up the dead bodies around. They keep walking to see homes and businesses are wrecked and people are in trauma due to the Atlesian invasion in their country . They both surprisingly saw humans (who are not wearing helmets) helping them for medical treatment for the injured. They don't know why the humans are here in Menagerie in the first place, but they will find their answers once they reach Belladonna home.

Then, some faunus saw them walking toward the Belladonna location. They give them glares that make Sienna and Ilia feel being watched so angrily. A Faunus mother saw them here as she rushed toward her in anger to attack, but MSDF soldiers stopped her from attacking them.

Faunus mother: You did this! You did this! You White Fang is the reason Atlas comes to invade our island and kills my son because of you!

Shouted angrily as she is being pulled away by MSDF soldiers. Sienna felt it was her fault for attacking humans for discriminating against her kind and try to make them respect faunus in fear, but brings more hated to faunus by humans. Maybe a mother is right about her and her organization's actions that ignore the consequences. But nevertheless, she continued pushing forward and continued walking towards Belladonna's home. Ilia wants to defend her about her actions to protect fellow faunus from humans, but she sees the high leader just keeping forward so she decides not to.

They reached Belladonna's home, but this is not what they could have imagined back then. Now, it is Belladonna's estate. They climbed on the staircases and approached the Menagerie guard captain, Saber Rodentia.

Saber: High Leader Khan, I'm surprised to come here without the president noticing your arrival.

Ilia (on mind): President?

Saber: So what business do you come here for?

Sienna: I've just got a report from Fennec and Corsac about humans being here in Menagerie and how different it is from before. I want to meet him right away.

Saber: Ah... Well, you may follow me. I'll take you to him.

He said as he turned around and led them inside the estate. They walked in each room until they reached the door leading to the President Office room. While they're outside the door, they heard the argument from the other side.

Fennec (other side): See? This is why you making deals with humans will cause destruction to this island!

Ilia: Is that Fennec?

Lily (other side): Oh. Like we are invading your homes with guns pointing at you. You know that we are here to protect the people of Menagerie from invaders.

Corsac (other side): Invaders like you!

Veronica (other side): Hey! They managed to get through and start the invasion while the MASD fend off enemy air forces and while we are prepared and deployed to defend this sovereignty nation which you White Fangs have failed.

Fennec (other side): Quiet, traitor! You sold yourself to the humans and while you're wearing a military uniform, you are just a lapdog! A slave to humans follow their biddings.

Veronica (other side): Oh, you're pissing me off-

Ghira (other side): That's enough! Both of you!

Saber: Yeah... Your subordinates just come here and blame them for leading humans to come and invade Menagerie. You stay here a minute.